Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty | Black Ops 4 | News and Rumours!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

heroics wrote: »
    That’s disappointing. Was hoping it would be better. Glad I didn’t preorder now.

Had another go of it tonight and my thoughts haven't changed another big issue is quick scoping is rife, I see some players complain about it in WWII but it is really bad in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there an open beta for this on ps4?

I thought I heard there was but I don’t see it anywhere in the store. Only the private one if you buy the game which I don’t want to do.

Thanks

Edit, lookin on google it looks like it’s an open beta pc only. Could have sworn I heard the second week for ps 4 was open. Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

If you dont have it, you're not missing much.

Have you got it? I didn’t bother this time but Watching the YouTube videos seems with the health increase you need to work in teams to do well. Multi kills are much harder etc. Extended mags becomes necessary on most weapons.

Did you find the same? I only play solo so seems like it would be a rough game for me

So any of you guys on Xbox and PC play it this weekend and what did you think?

Not that anyone is interested but Blackout beta starts on September 10th first on PS4
    https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1029412142510948353?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So they're having a beta for the single game mode that is replacing the campaign and obviously cost the same as making a campaign because it's the same price... This is the first year I'm not actually looking forward to a new CoD. Initial excitement from an announcement is gone and looking at more and more gameplay videos, it looks like BlOps 3.5. I was never a fan of the BlOps games, much preferring the majority of IW stuff (except Ghosts, which can die). Definitely preferred AW and IW over BlOps 3.

I'd usually have 2-4 weeks off for the latest CoD. Don't think i'll even pick this up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I'm interested in this Blackout game mode this could be the saving of it for me. The whole battle royal has taken over everything. I too old for Fornite and all that building crap and PUBG is just too clunkey with awful controls and bugs. Here hoping that it'll be good.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

So they're having a beta for the single game mode that is replacing the campaign and obviously cost the same as making a campaign because it's the same price... This is the first year I'm not actually looking forward to a new CoD. Initial excitement from an announcement is gone and looking at more and more gameplay videos, it looks like BlOps 3.5. I was never a fan of the BlOps games, much preferring the majority of IW stuff (except Ghosts, which can die). Definitely preferred AW and IW over BlOps 3.

I'd usually have 2-4 weeks off for the latest CoD. Don't think i'll even pick this up...

I'd be the same i'd have it digitally pre-ordered by now and booked a few days of work but after playing the beta on both weekends I really have no interest in a lazy developer. An example is someone called in a Mantis which is this year's Cereberus and when the crate drops it has Cereberus printed on the side. I cannot see much interest in the Blackout mode I mean if you are not into Battle Royale games which I'm not it's not something Im going to play. Same goes for Zombirs. It's always been about the multiplayer and this year's effort is poor.
    I went back to play the much hated Infinite Warfare and the graphics framerate look so much better then Blops 4.
    I think Treyarch started to believe their own hype and got lazy. All I can do is hope that Infinity Ward with some of the MW2 developers back on board can put out the modern day shooter we all want. I think they will.

Yeah, I can definitely see a MW4 or some spin off. It's the best era, and the MW games are by far the best of the series, both in gameplay and story. I probably will pick this up, but with Spiderman, RDR2, Darksiders 3 and more, it doesn't look like I can afford to spend time on something which just appears to be a re-skin and a new game mode.

The blackout map was released. I'm starting to get a bit excited about it. Looks good

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/5/17823808/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-blackout-map-battle-royale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah im gonna buy that.

Me too!

Yeah, damn you Activision for making that look good. The reason I hate Fortnite is due to the stupid building mechanics. This looks more like a Battle Royale I want. Still gonna wait for a preowned copy though. Sticking to my guns with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I havent logged into this part of boards for ages, but that blackout trailer has me excited about a COD game for the first time in years. I love pubg, but it'll never have the polish and fluidity that a Call of Duty game has.

i havent preordered yet, I'll wait for some youtube reviews of blackout before I commit, but what they've shown in the trailer is certainly promising.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Blackout is live now for anyone interested.

It's still a Battle Royale game and I hate it! If you like Fortnite or PUBG you might like it I dont. Back to WWII for me!

Was playing Blackout last night when this happened - was being sniped at thesame time - was fun.

Was watching a few streams yesterday as Im on Xbox but the general consensus that it is great and fun. every streamer I was watching was having a blast and the game was running smooth. On Reddit almost everybody is raving about it also.

This is the game I'm looking for.

omg is I have to play another game of PUBG I will die inside.:(:(

Polygon have said it was exceptional....

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/10/17843440/call-of-duty-blackout-battle-royale-mode-preview-review

Deffo buying this now and pre-ordering to get access to the beta for the weekend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the beta open on PC? That article makes it sound like it is.

Might give it a whirl this evening.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is the beta open on PC? That article makes it sound like it is.

Might give it a whirl this evening.

PS4 Blackout beta start date: Monday, September 10th
    Xbox One Blackout beta start date: Friday, September 14th
    PC early access Blackout beta start date: Friday, September 14th
    PC open beta Blackout beta start date: Saturday, September 15th

Finishes 17th.

• Advertisement

Eh, why are there zombies in Blackout?

TTK seems ridiculous.

I was grinning from ear to ear when I encountered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any chance the PS4 beta will go open at any point?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any chance the PS4 beta will go open at any point?
    Order it on amazon.get the code that they send you and then cancel the preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Order it on amazon.get the code that they send you and then cancel the preorder

Do I need to pay in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do I need to pay in advance?

Not for Amazon no. The other option is to create a profile with a Hong Kong address - there's plenty of giudes for that if you google it.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Was watching a few streams yesterday as Im on Xbox but the general consensus that it is great and fun. every streamer I was watching was having a blast and the game was running smooth. On Reddit almost everybody is raving about it also.

This is the game I'm looking for.

omg is I have to play another game of PUBG I will die inside.:(:(

Polygon have said it was exceptional....

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/10/17843440/call-of-duty-blackout-battle-royale-mode-preview-review

Deffo buying this now and pre-ordering to get access to the beta for the weekend.

I played it for a few hours last night and had good fun. There's definitely some issues that need to be ironed out (picking up gear is a bit clunky, the parachute mechanics are a bit off) but overall it's as good a BR game as there is right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Played a good bit today . Have to say it's enjoyable . Graphics aren't too bad on my launch ps4. Gun play is good . The titan lmg wrecks people .

The picking up could be better bit clunky. Probably needs the 100 players. Have had a few games that took a while to find people.

A good br game that I'll be getting for sure now after having a go

I have 3 PS4 codes to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have 3 PS4 codes to give away.

I'd take one of those if you don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I started playing this after Fortnight and H1Z1 were almost the BR game I was looking for but not quite. I have to say, this is fun as hell, but also hard as hell. Had a couple of top 5 finished, but the last was the most annoying as I had a good load out but was got by a fella just hiding in a building behind the door. I'd say playing in groups of twos or fours would be a fantastic laugh altogether.

Advertisement