Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switch off the internet now.

• 13-10-2017 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭

This incident has been mentioned in the weddings forum
    An English couple had themselves photographed in front of a Greek church (where they had just been married) carrying out a sex act, and posted it on Facebook. Apparently they are quite chuffed at the feedback they've received.

Now the Greek Orthodox bishop has banned all foreign weddings.

Now I don't know but has the time come to just disable the internet and go back to those halcyon days of yore. Just think. No more tweets, no more Isis youtub videos etc etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Feckin' Greeks. They invented gayness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Feckin' Greeks. They invented gayness.

Feck off you , Ulysses is Latin for Odysseus , a Greek feckin' Decker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

They sound like a real class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

The Daily Fail has (of course) more graphic photos but I won't link to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

cml387 wrote: »
    The Daily Fail has (of course) more graphic photos but I won't link to them.

Its not the papers fault the moronic inbreds took the photo. It'll look great on the mantlepiece of their family home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I think we can safely confirm she didn't get those knobbly knees from saying her prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Some of us can continue to use the internet without the need to post Facebook picture, watch YouTube ISIS, tweet, or suchlike. Switching off the internet is a bit drastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its not the papers fault the moronic inbreds took the photo. It'll look great on the mantlepiece of their family home.

I don't know what goes on in your house but I wouldn't be putting that type of photo on the mantle piece.

I think you need to look up the photo here.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

What was the sex act! No pics of it! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Classy couple.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    I don't know what goes on in your house but I wouldn't be putting that type of photo on the mantle piece.

I think you need to look up the photo here.

I guess we need a sarcasm font or colour then.

Ironically if she played trumpet in her own home this would be a non story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

What was the sex act! No pics of it! :(

Blurred out image of the offending act in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4976332/British-couple-s-sex-act-photo-sparks-Rhodes-wedding-ban.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Mam, Dad why do your wedding photographs suck?

Some of us can continue to use the internet without the need to post Facebook picture, watch YouTube ISIS, tweet, or suchlike. Switching off the internet is a bit drastic.

I remember when the internet was so small that you'd sometimes get a message that a connection had failed, with the original CERN address displayed.

Now 12 year olds are sending naked pictures of themselves to each other. The president of the United States rules by illiterate tweets. Any moron can get an audience of millions for whatever hateful bile he wishes to spew and millions will get comfort from that and say "right on".

The disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Mam, Dad why do your wedding photographs suck?

cos you're da's nut was rusty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I remember when the internet was so small that you'd sometimes get a message that a connection had failed, with the original CERN address displayed.

Now 12 year olds are sending naked pictures of themselves to each other. The president of the United States rules by illiterate tweets. Any moron can get an audience of millions for whatever hateful bile he wishes to spew and millions will get comfort from that and say "right on".

The time will come when there are 2 internets, then multiple internets - twitter Facebook and instagram will be disabled. There will be no adverts, YouTube will only be enabled without adverts - that search engine which plants trees will be the go to search engine.

We used to own the internet and they stole it from us - we are now going to take it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Feck off you , Ulysses is Latin for Odysseus , a Greek feckin' Decker.

Listen mate. When you're stuck on a boat with only a bunch of blokes for company for 20 years, needs must....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Do Tb see anything wrong with the pics per se, each to their own.

As for ‘shutting down the internet’ yeah, I know it’s said faecesiuosly, but that can’t really happen anymore aside from an asteroid wiping us out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I find the most shocking thing is that he got married in flip flops.

Classy couple and wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Right on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

begbysback wrote: »
    The time will come when there are 2 internets, then multiple internets - twitter Facebook and instagram will be disabled.

Sadly, Facebook have been doing the opposite and been quite succesful at it.

Grooming telcos in emerging markets in very poor/underdeveloped countries, making deals so that the 'only' online presence, extremely impoverished people have, 'free', is Facebook access.

They're grooming the Philippines at the moment, with apps being tested there, that can run on basic phones with very limited bandwidth use. There's a reason the stuff is being tested there..

The Indian government might have told them them to feck off with the above practices, in the past, but they seem to have relented, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

A video on liveleak of a chinese guy committing suicide by jumping off a tall building had a comment "I bereave i can fry" - where else could you get such commentary?

I love the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whats missing is the follow up picture of the bride's mother pushing her aside saying "here - let me show you how to do it properly"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The photo deosnt look to be in the church/graveyard??

Not to my taste.
    ..but if their not breaking any laws/insulting the locals culture,what harm??

The photo deosnt look to be in the church/graveyard??

Not to my taste.
    ..but if their not breaking any laws/insulting the locals culture,what harm??

So you'd be happy to see it happening outside your front door, so your wife or servants could see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

So you'd be happy to see it happening outside your front door, so your wife or servants could see it?

Sure look it...what harm,there consenting adults??

Them servants of mine are awlful perverts anyway

(I wouldn't take that photo...no mind share on Facebook. ..but no laws been broken?)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Pair of eejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Ok. I'll do it now:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus. Imagine that being what you want people to remember from your wedding? Why bother going to the expense of flying out to Crete and dragging family and friends with you though? They could have done that in any local forest carpark.

• Advertisement

The money shot would have to be the last page of the wedding album..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tow truck driver Matthew, 27, and 34-year-old shop worker Carly, from Birmingham,

:rolleyes:

thumb_b49dbbeb6cc3eb718461c322eb33c10d.jpg

Advertisement