Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting the same text from eir several times a day

Options
  • 13-10-2017 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

It says:

You do not have enough credit on your account. To top up the quick and easy way, Freephone 1740 with your debit or credit card.

I've received this maybe fifteen times since porting my number from three to eir (the unlimited calls, texts and 15gig PAYG option).

The girl in the air shop reckoned they should stop after a couple of days. Now they're just getting annoying.

An odd aspect is that it doesn't show up in iMessages on my Mac, unlike every other text.

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm getting the same messages several times a day. Eir reps, please look into this issue and advise on how it will be resolved as it's a complete nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

FIVE of these messages on Sunday morning alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If you are an  iPhone users could it be that when you ported you only topped-up by the €20 for the plan? Imessage and/or Facetime might be trying to activate by sending a text to the UK number but as you have €0 credit in the account the activation text messages are not sent but they trigger the text from Eir about no credit? Maybe try to top-up €5 or disable Imessage?

nava wrote: »
    If you are an  iPhone users could it be that when you ported you only topped-up by the €20 for the plan? Imessage and/or Facetime might be trying to activate by sending a text to the UK number but as you have €0 credit in the account the activation text messages are not sent but they trigger the text from Eir about no credit? Maybe try to top-up €5 or disable Imessage?
    Thanks for taking time to respond nava, I appreciate it.

Disabling iMessage is not an option but something else strange is happening with it since switching to eir. I can't send sms texts via a desktop client now and texts received on my iPhone don't appear in the desktop client either. I can cope with that of course but it's annoying.

I think I'm right in feeling peeved that this bug - that's what it seems like - is happening and to sort it out by handing over more money seems wrong. This is a problem introduced by eir so they have to sort it, not me.

OK, it looks like you're right nava - I have to spend money to sort out eir's problem. Just webchatting with air and they say the same thing.

We'll see what happens. It's the €20 plan - plus a fiver for the sim and now another fiver for this. Not much money to eir but I swapped to save money!

• Advertisement

OK, it looks like you're right nava - I have to spend money to sort out eir's problem. Just webchatting with air and they say the same thing.

We'll see what happens. It's the €20 plan - plus a fiver for the sim and now another fiver for this. Not much money to eir but I swapped to save money!
    They should do like other providers, the text for iMessage activation should be free, I also had to top-up €5 for the text of 25c.

Why did they charge you €5 for a SIM card? When I enquire in the shop I was told to get the SIM I needed to top by €20, but I ordered the SIM online for free.

nava wrote: »
    Thanks for taking time to respond nava, I appreciate it.

Disabling iMessage is not an option but something else strange is happening with it since switching to eir. I can't send sms texts via a desktop client now and texts received on my iPhone don't appear in the desktop client either. I can cope with that of course but it's annoying.

I think I'm right in feeling peeved that this bug - that's what it seems like - is happening and to sort it out by handing over more money seems wrong. This is a problem introduced by eir so they have to sort it, not me.

Not an expert on mac, but isn't the imessaging app on the mac connected to the Imessaging app on the Iphone, if the iphone Imessage is activating that could affect the connection to the Mac imessage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi davidjtaylor,

Glad to hear you got this sorted. The reason that you would need to top up to activate your iMessage is that to activate this, a text message would need to be sent to the UK so you would be charged for sending an international text to get this activated.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi davidjtaylor,

Glad to hear you got this sorted. The reason that you would need to top up to activate your iMessage is that to activate this, a text message would need to be sent to the UK so you would be charged for sending an international text to get this activated.

- Adam
    Just topped up by €5 and so far it seems ok, the eir messages have stopped for now and it looks like the iMessage annoyance has stopped (so far anyway). The staff in the original Ennis eir shop are unaware of this problem, so some staff training may be in order. :cool:

But why's there a charge for an text on a scheme has unlimited texts included?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi davidjtaylor,

- Adam
    Just topped up by €5 and so far it seems ok, the eir messages have stopped for now and it looks like the iMessage annoyance has stopped (so far anyway). The staff in the original Ennis eir shop are unaware of this problem, so some staff training may be in order. :cool:

But why's there a charge for an text on a scheme has unlimited texts included?
    Glad to hear you got it sorted :) I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department to ensure that agents in our stores are aware of this.

The reason for the charge is that the text message has to be sent abroad for your iMessaging to activate so you would be charged for an international text. 

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement