Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drone over city

Options
  • 13-10-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi, there has been a drone flying over the city a few times over the last few weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows more about it?
    It seems like a serious drone as i have seen it go from around Mcdonagh junction to around the butts, Canices cathedral and the castle and beyond.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

You can buy these for about 400 euro now.
    Seem to be getting more popular. I'd imagine its just someone playing with a new toy.

Big threads on bargain alerts on two different models.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

PaulKK wrote: »
    You can buy these for about 400 euro now.
    Seem to be getting more popular. I'd imagine its just someone playing with a new toy.

Big threads on bargain alerts on two different models.

Maybe so, I was just surprised by the range it was flying and the fact it was flying in fairly high winds and at a serious height , originally I thought it might be a professional drone for a tourist video but obviously I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

there were two drones last week on the same day.
    one was a bunch of Japanese tourists the other was a local film production company shooting something for their next film.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

patrickc wrote: »
    there were two drones last week on the same day.
    one was a bunch of Japanese tourists the other was a local film production company shooting something for their next film.

Nice one! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

You'd want serious confidence in your flying to be flying it over the town over a wide area.
    This time last year I took out our new work Phantom 3 Advance from the top of the multistory car park. Wouldnt let it out of my site so figured i'd go to one of the highest points in the town to launch it. Didn't travel far, footage was excellent and 100% stable.
    Since using it within the last year, have learned that you'd want to be very wary of transformers and magnetic fields which can drastically affect it.
    Also the android app to control it can lose connection so visibility of the unit is very important to return it "home"
    Battery life is about 20 minutes too on our unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement