Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine safety

Options
  • 13-10-2017 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

The plastic clips on the lid are broken so the lid is just resting in place

Is it safe t use or is there a danger of shock etc?

The lid being the outer cover of the entire machine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't understand this. Maybe others will. Can you post pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't understand this. Maybe others will. Can you post pictures

Are you talking about the plastic cover on the door? Wouldn't be a problem in any one I've ever soon, might make it less rigid. No wires visible? Don't see why there would be any shock risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,460 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think they mean the bit that would go under the worktop, like the very top bit,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I had the lid off my machine and was messing with the little cable that clips to the control panel and gave myself a right bit of a shock... so yeah there is a shock risk.

Can you put a wood screw through the lid into the metal frame to secure it into place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think they mean the bit that would go under the worktop, like the very top bit,

In that case definitely do something to secure it in case kids or someone goes at it. A self threading screw through at the rim maybe, careful it's plugged out and nowhere near any moving parts. Better to drill through the plastic first as a screw might crack it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement