Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extraversion or Introversion...which personality type explains you best?

• 13-10-2017 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Id consider myself a classic introvert. Ever since I can remember I've always enjoyed alone time, always had a small circle of friends, hated phone calls and just never found any real joy or happiness through interacting with people. Iv'e always been comfortable in my own company, everything I do or enjoy is done alone. I don't drink anymore but when I did I enjoyed it most by myself.

I'm not a total loner, I have maybe three family members that I really care about, the rest id just consider associates who I wouldn't have much interaction with. At this stage of my life I have no friends which I'm content with. I have no interest in forming a relationship with anybody or ever starting a family, I realized from an early age id never have or want kids.

This may all sound very depressing to some but it really isn't for me, I have suffered anxiety problems but not in relation to being an introvert.

So what best describes you? Introvert or Extrovert or somewhere in between?

What best describes you...? 18 votes

Introvert
    0% 0 votes
    Extrovert
    100% 18 votes
    Other (Explain)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I go in cycles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Neitherversion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Disco explains me best. That's D I S C O.

I am D delirious
    I am I incredible
    I am S superficial
    I am C complicated
    I am O oh, oh, oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Memba Xtravision?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I'm such an introvert, I don't even like talking to myself.

• Advertisement

A sociable introvert. I like being with other people and enjoy large and small scale social interaction, but need and value time alone (particularly after being with a large group of people).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Oh look, everyone who is at home browsing the web on a Friday has voted introvert.

And I count myself among them. But from the safety of my home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I'm mostly extrovert. If I'm in a social setting then ill always be sociable. Also where I live, its hard not to be part of the community which has its negatives but is good overall. I like time on my own as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Definitely Introvert, but on the right occasion I can be the centre of attention. But, all the planets need to align and it's exhausting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

A bit of both but mostly extroverted. I'm a people person but I would consider myself fairly quiet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ambivert for me anyway:
    Same here, though with more tendencies to extraversion. I'd reckon the majority of people are in the middle with tendencies going either direction and depending on context(EG folks who are fine around people they know, but strangers can throw them off).

Extremes of both do my head in, as I find both tendencies tend to stem from self involvement, but if I'm honest extreme introverts do my head in more. The "so you're gonna sit in the corner of the conversation all night saying eff all, seemingly completely unaware that most people find that off-putting, yet there you are?" types. Maybe because I'm more at the extrovert end of the spectrum? And yes I do catch myself being too self involved socially when that occurs. I used not to so much. Generally I prefer to be around people enjoying themselves and those around them and getting involved and when I can try to help that kinda environment.

Caveat: I am NOT talking of folks with actual social phobias or folks on the neuroatypical spectrum.
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    Oh look, everyone who is at home browsing the web on a Friday has voted introvert.
    True! :pac: In my defence I'm kinda a prisoner of my current circumstances. Otherwise I'm a social whore :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How did you manage to spell both xtravision and chartbuusters wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

On the inside, extroverts are introverts. And vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

On the inside, extroverts are introverts. And vice versa.

Extraversion is only a glass of wine away.

Advertisement