Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

We've got some movement happening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Choo Choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sarah1916

Great to wake up to a nice rise! Long may it continue!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Are revolout prices a lot lower? Doesn't seem to be as high as it should be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Twice in a week it's gotten to around 320 only to drop back down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Noob here. Is coinbase the best for litecoin?

Also is there a selling fee? I know the buying fee is like 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Noob here. Is coinbase the best for litecoin?

Also is there a selling fee? I know the buying fee is like 3%

If you have a coinbase account you can use the same details to sign into GDAX as they're the same thing. No fees afaik and a fairer price reflection on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Such a pleasure dealing in LTC, made a few transactions today and the almost instant confirmations were a joy, certainly when compared with the hours I was waiting on last BTC txn.

Cryptopia has a good few LTC markets if anyone is interested .

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

So Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin. While I know his intentions are probably good, does this mean we are going to see a fall? I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/7kzw6q/litecoin_price_tweets_and_conflict_of_interest/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

rednoggin wrote: »
    So Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin. /[/URL]
    Surely bound to have a price-depression effect in the long run, no? On psychological and confidence grounds alone?

• Advertisement

So Charlie Lee sold all of his Litecoin. While I know his intentions are probably good, does this mean we are going to see a fall? I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/7kzw6q/litecoin_price_tweets_and_conflict_of_interest/

Why? Because it might affect the value of your holding?

If Charlie is to be taken at face value, this is indisputably a *good* thing.

Yeah I think a lot of people are going to dump it now for fear of it falling. It's a bit of a bummer, I thought it would break the $400 before the end of year. That looks unlikely now.

While I think this might be a good thing in the long run, I'm not sure everybody will see it this way. It will just seem weird when he is promoting Litecoin and he says that he doesn't own any of them.

I suppose time will tell.

While I think this might be a good thing in the long run, I'm not sure everybody will see it this way. It will just seem weird when he is promoting Litecoin and he says that he doesn't own any of them.

Those people are idiots who don't understand anything beyond "Charlie, say something about this thing I own so its price rises and I can make quick profit".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

He donated all his coins, perhaps he wanted to get rid of conflict of interest

That said, he's a bit of an oddball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Yeah I think a lot of people are going to dump it now for fear of it falling. It's a bit of a bummer, I thought it would break the $400 before the end of year. That looks unlikely now.

I sold the rest of mine last night for 310 and bought them back earlier for 270..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I guess it was just a nice coincidence for him that he happened to sell them when the coin was trading at an ATH!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

jester77 wrote: »
    I guess it was just a nice coincidence for him that he happened to sell them when the coin was trading at an ATH!

Again, he donated the proceeds. He didn't take anything off it.

Makes sense to sell at ATH

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Im on of the panicers who sold when it dropped. Although looking at the price this minute I think I did the right thing.

This is not a usual fluctuation obviously. Time will tell

It literally did the exact same thing last week and dropped further than it has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Last week was different. Today is purely because most alt coins are traded in BTC pairs so when bitcoin suffers, almost everything else suffers. Obviously coins can go on a run of their own in either direction, but the pairings is why the general long term trend shapes (not necessarily ratios) correlate so strongly with BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LiteCash

Potential big news coming out. Facebook are rumoured to adopt LTC as a payment mechanism. Nothing official but Twitter has light up in the last hour..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

LiteCash wrote: »
    Potential big news coming out. Facebook are rumoured to adopt LTC as a payment mechanism. Nothing official but Twitter has light up in the last hour..
    Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

A quick scan of #LTC on twitter finds 1 post in the last few hours for me, with some article guessing that it might.

#ltc #facebook together should bring up most of the links. Like I said 'potential' big news!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

yok.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

#ltc #facebook together should bring up most of the links. Like I said 'potential' big news!

Charlie Lee getting rid of all his did seem weird..wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Charlie Lee getting rid of all his did seem weird..wonder if this has anything to do with it.

It would make sense in my opinion. He seems like a pretty genuine guy and after all the speculation that has arisen between BCH and Coinbase he might have thought that holding his coins with this collaboration on the cards would damage his and LTC reputation..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

200 billion off all the coins withdrawn for the Xmas shopping

Hopefully rebounds in January.

• Advertisement

Serious drop today it'll be interesting to see the recovery after Chistmas.

Advertisement