Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

McCrack wrote: »
    Prices/values should always be quoted in USD

I disagree it annoys me people constantly talking about USD prices and breaking USD price barriers as it means nothing to me as I follow in euro as it makes sense given that euro is our currency and how we measure or losses/gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I disagree it annoys me people constantly talking about USD prices and breaking USD price barriers as it means nothing to me as I follow in euro as it makes sense given that euro is our currency and how we measure or losses/gains.

Breaking price barriers means nothing to you? Won't give a toss when it goes through $20k? Bit daft if you ask me.

Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting the €16,744.80 barrier. Can't wait to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

I don't see how it can be annoying as long as people consistently mention which currency they are using. I live in a Eurozone country but any trading I do is exclusively using USD currency pairings as that is where the most liquidity is. Also, USD price levels are important as you often do get resistance and support areas associated to them.

So whether you like it or not people will continue to refer to USD prices (and EUR prices) and in my opinion that is logical and correct, we're all entitled to our opinions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

USD is the largest market, you can't just ignore it guys.
    It's what drives the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

covfefe wrote: »
    I don't see how it can be annoying as long as people consistently mention which currency they are using. I live in a Eurozone country but any trading I do is exclusively using USD currency pairings as that is where the most liquidity is. Also, USD price levels are important as you often do get resistance and support areas associated to them.
    Yes this. Call it annoying or whatnot but as a market its denominated primarily in USD therefore its super awkward to try quote in AUD, Euro or GBP.

Thankfully Euro has its own symbol unlike AUD and the rest so its really clear what the number and currency is when quoting say $20k.

• Advertisement

Breaking price barriers means nothing to you? Won't give a toss when it goes through $20k? Bit daft if you ask me.

Of course, I'm eagerly awaiting the €16,744.80 barrier. Can't wait to see what happens.

Breaking price barriers means a lot to me, euro price barriers. 20k euro would mean something not the 23953.20 dollar barrier. Like dollars mean nothing to us, our currency is euro, we buy and sell in euro, profits are calculated in euro so to me all I ever look at are euro prices.

Right, so when there's a giant sell off at $20k that causes the price to fall and everyone starts to wonder whether it's a sustained fall, a correction or Armageddon, you'll just ignore it because only Euros matter to you. Cool. Daft, but cool.

Breaking price barriers means a lot to me, euro price barriers. 20k euro would mean something not the 23953.20 dollar barrier. Like dollars mean nothing to us, our currency is euro, we buy and sell in euro, profits are calculated in euro so to me all I ever look at are euro prices.

It's fine to talk about profits in euro, but prices should be USD.

GreeBo wrote: »

Absolutely, but as to my earlier point, profits and holdings are unique to each individual with skin in the game and, frankly, none of us should care how much anyone else the rest of us have made or lost. Coming on to tell everyone on the forum you made a grand? Cool, but you're still a bellend. Price, on the other hand, is a mutual interest for all of us.

Anywho, ltc seems to be in a prolonged slump at the moment.
    Pre Christmas correction is sticking.

• Advertisement

Anywho, ltc seems to be in a prolonged slump at the moment.
    Pre Christmas correction is sticking.

Yup. Good for the long term prospects of it is what I'm clinging to buy a Christmas present bump would have been nice!

Yup. Good for the long term prospects of it is what I'm clinging to buy a Christmas present bump would have been nice!

I just entered a stop loss at €200...too much action elsewhere that I'm missing out on

But then you spend your day trying to convert to euros to work out your portfolio value etc. I just don't even look at dollar prices as all it means is I have to try convert to figure out how things are going for me. Following things is enough it a distraction without having to constantly convert to know where you stand.

Anyway, its each to their own in how they want to follow things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I just entered a stop loss at €200...too much action elsewhere that I'm missing out on

Exactly what I have done. Sold and went straight into Ripple. My bank has already gone up 100 dollars

But then you spend your day trying to convert to euros to work out your portfolio value etc. I just don't even look at dollar prices as all it means is I have to try convert to figure out how things are going for me. Following things is enough it a distraction without having to constantly convert to know where you stand.

Anyway, its each to their own in how they want to follow things.
    Just base your profits on dollars?
    You only need the euro value when you sell.

If dollar value goes up, you made money.
    Simples.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Autochange wrote: »
    Exactly what I have done. Sold and went straight into Ripple. My bank has already gone up 100 dollars

Ripple just hit 2 dollars with the Asian markets only starting to wake up in the next hour or so

I've given up waiting on €200, selling out now.
    Ada, xlm and xrp next investments

I've given up waiting on €200, selling out now.
    Ada, xlm and xrp next investments
    Nicely done. Has continued to sink. I'm keeping 5 LTC to see what happens next year. Took out 2.5 to put into XRB and give it a go. Of course I wish I'd put everything I had into XRB three months ago but ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

What's the view on Litecoin and it's disappointing price drop ?

... blame it in Bitcoin, or something else ?

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Disappointing price drop? it's up over 5,800% this year. Are you brand new to this game? Corrections are normal and very healthy for these markets.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Disappointing price drop? it's up over 5,800% this year. Are you brand new to this game? Corrections are normal and very healthy for these markets.

I'm obviously talking about recent weeks .... it's down c35% in the last 3 weeks.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

garrettod wrote: »
    I'm obviously talking about recent days ....

A lot of the large cap currencies are experiencing a downturn over the last couple of weeks after a crazy bull run. Litecoin might've dropped partly due to Charlie Lee selling all his holdings.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

garrettod wrote:
    Hi,

garrettod wrote:

garrettod wrote:
    Hi,

garrettod wrote:

garrettod wrote:

As the last poster said, price corrections are always healthy and give sustainability to a coin in the long term. It's true that it's growth has been quite disappointing in recent weeks but the same can be said about most coins after the early December madness. Litecoin's growth is very closely related to Bitcoin's and I believe that is the biggest reason for it's stagnation recently.

After all, if you really believe in LTC, as the majority of us here do, then this recent period has been a fantastic buying opportunity because there is no doubt that this coin is very undervalued and who knows where it will be by the end of 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LiteCash

It's Christmas, people cash out for presents and socializing. Expect a steady rise through January!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I wouldn't have any expectations, the coin (and many others) just jumped large amounts in early December

The market went from 100 billion to over 500 billion in a couple of months

Anything could happen, more dips, a crash, a steady bull, a long bear.. but after 4 years holding this coin, I still wouldn't dream of selling it yet, unless some apocalyptic event happens in the market I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see it reach new ATHs in the next few years, possibly even H1 this year

Two things about this market: first is that is incredibly unpredictable, second is that to date it has risen ridiculous amounts

el diablo wrote: »
    .... Litecoin might've dropped partly due to Charlie Lee selling all his holdings.

Yup, had read about that alright, but was then wondering has a level of trust been lost by some people who previously supported the currency as a result ?

It's either a very admiral and honest thing he's done, to try and remove any risk of conflict, or he's cashed in because he fear's the best is over..... I'd love to believe what he's said, but given there's good and bad in this world, it's hard to know what sort of person you are dealing with and particularly, when there's a lot of money involved.
    ...Litecoin's growth is very closely related to Bitcoin's and I believe that is the biggest reason for it's stagnation recently.

That's one of the things I don't understand (but why I referenced Bitcoin in my initial post), why it is more closely linked to Bitcoin than some of the other currencies ?

Thanks

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

How much can you accredit litecoins peak value as being down to being the cheapest option on coinbase and a pretty great name (both deriving from Bitcoins ubiquitousness and seemingly addressing bitcoins most commonly cited issue, how bloated the system has become)? It seems the perfect target for a lot of naive money at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

PotatoSpud wrote: »
    How much can you accredit litecoins peak value as being down to being the cheapest option on coinbase and a pretty great name (both deriving from Bitcoins ubiquitousness and seemingly addressing bitcoins most commonly cited issue, how bloated the system has become)? It seems the perfect target for a lot of naive money at that point.

Many coins rose during the recent December madness. Some without whitepapers, others in the midst of scams, others that are little more than memecoins

Litecoin deserved it's rise as much as any other. Relative to these other coins it has a lot of advantages. It's visible (top 10), established, has stood the "test of time", decent transaction fees, decent transaction times, weathers crashes well (compared to other alts), as mentioned had early Coinbase support, is very similar to Bitcoin but is a "fraction of it's price" in relation to market cap, has a strong established community

Despite all these new fancy high-tech coins, the market still places high value and trust in Bitcoin, the leader by a clear shot. Litecoin has pretty much cemented it's market view as the "silver to Bitcoins gold" so I doubt it's going anywhere soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Why does nobody love me :(?

Advertisement