Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Wombatman wrote: »
    Why does nobody love me :(?

Isn't this the nature of most crypto... you get 10 mins of fame and you're done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Is LTC the cheapest way to transfer out of GDAX to binance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

benjamin d wrote: »
    Is LTC the cheapest way to transfer out of GDAX to binance?
    No LTC coin pairs so you have to trade to get ETH or BTC to work with. I usually use ETH to transfer. 30 min or so and you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Wombatman wrote: »
    No LTC coin pairs so you have to trade to get ETH or BTC to work with. I usually use ETH to transfer. 30 min or so and you are good to go.

Cheers, used ETH in the end so I'm just waiting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Decent rise happening overnight , looks like the 90% + level of market cap trading and opening of a large Japanese exchange on the 10.1.2017 have the market moving upwards! Happy days.

Edit, also Litecoin cheaper to transfer and potential fork!
    437946.jpg

Edit 2. It's noon now, and Ltc just broke the 250€, 300$ barrier on gdax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

papu wrote: »
    Decent rise happening overnight , looks like the 90% + level of market cap trading and opening of a large Japanese exchange on the 10.1.2017 have the market moving upwards! Happy days.

Edit, also Litecoin cheaper to transfer and potential fork!
    437946.jpg

Edit 2. It's noon now, and Ltc just broke the 250€, 300$ barrier on gdax

Is the Fork going to go down positively?

How do people feel about the recent slump after it picked up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

How do people feel about the recent slump after it picked up again?
    If there is no new news coming out I reckon LTC will be a slow steady trek towards the top. I think its days of rocketing up in value may be over. Its more a long term bet like Bitcoin now.
    No doubt it will increase but at a slower pace

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

seannash wrote: »
    ....No doubt it will increase but at a slower pace

Hi,

What do you base that on ?

I think I get the bit about the slower pace, if there is no real high profile news .. but the bit about there being "no doubt it will increase" ?

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

What do you base that on ?

I think I get the bit about the slower pace, if there is no real high profile news .. but the bit about there being "no doubt it will increase" ?

I think the cypto market as a whole will increase and lite coin being the entry point for a lot of people on coinbase should profit from it.
    Of course this is purely speculation but if you want to get really into the nitty gritty its not a stretch to imagine lite coin hitting $300 again which would technically be an increase on where it stands right now. The size of the increase is what I cant speculate on.
    Perhaps I should have said I have no doubt it will increase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

seannash wrote:
    If there is no new news coming out I reckon LTC will be a slow steady trek towards the top. I think its days of rocketing up in value may be over. Its more a long term bet like Bitcoin now. No doubt it will increase but at a slower pace

Thing is though is that there is definitely some major news on the way, that was confirmed by Charlie Lee himself on several occasions. On top of that, a very close friend of his who I can't remember the name of is very active on Twitter and he claims that the news is ground-breaking. Knowing Litecoin and it's reputation, they're probably right and there's a very high chance that LTC will moon again.

Thing is though is that there is definitely some major news on the way, that was confirmed by Charlie Lee himself on several occasions. On top of that, a very close friend of his who I can't remember the name of is very active on Twitter and he claims that the news is ground-breaking. Knowing Litecoin and it's reputation, they're probably right and there's a very high chance that LTC will moon again.
    Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

BTC and LTC have virtually the same graph over the last day (didn't check week or month)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

December:
    Charlie Lee announces the sale of all his stock to help with the growth of Litecoin - rumour has its to remove any conflict it may cause to a potential partnership with Facebook.

January:
    Zuckerberg announces Facebook will look at the possibilities of using Crypto currencies in 2018 (he never did mention BTC in that article btw yet numerous other outlets mention Bitcoin in their reporting:confused: )...
    am i putting 2+2 together and getting 100 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pussyhands wrote: »
    BTC and LTC have virtually the same graph over the last day (didn't check week or month)

Was about to make the same comment. Only the case for the last couple of days though, not true of the previous week or month. I was reading an article on BTC-LTC correlation earlier but this looks a bit weird.

December: Charlie Lee announces the sale of all his stock to help with the growth of Litecoin - rumour has its to remove any conflict it may cause to a potential partnership with Facebook.

January: Zuckerberg announces Facebook will look at the possibilities of using Crypto currencies in 2018 (he never did mention BTC in that article btw yet numerous other outlets mention Bitcoin in their reporting )... am i putting 2+2 together and getting 100 ?

I honestly doubt that this will happen but it's possible- it does happen where a CEO or an owner of a business is forced to sell his shares etc before a huge deal/partnership is announced to avoid conflict of interest, so here's hoping!

Seriously though, an announcement like that would do absolute wonders for LTC's value.

I wonder why its spiralled down recently after a significant uplift. Hoping its due to bitcoin and when BTC corrects so to will LTC.

Coin could do with some news from Mr Lee.

Hoping rai.exchange coming online will also benefit the coin.

I wonder why its spiralled down recently after a significant uplift. Hoping its due to bitcoin and when BTC corrects so to will LTC.

Coin could do with some news from Mr Lee.

Hoping rai.exchange coming online will also benefit the coin.

FUD over a false ban of Korean exchanges.
    News from Mr. Lee wont do much, he has no reason to pump the price. Adoption news from companies would boost the price, LTC still has very large transaction volumes and very low fees, it is actually being used for its intended purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Is there any point in holding this longterm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

august12 wrote: »

I reckon so well I hope so anyway!

• Advertisement

august12 wrote:

Litecoin is up there with the most trustworthy coins, it will almost certainly grow in the long term but that being said, it won't be as lucrative as some of the more risky coins, so it's your call really.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Litecoin is up there with the most trustworthy coins, it will almost certainly grow in the long term but that being said, it won't be as lucrative as some of the more risky coins, so it's your call really.

I'd be unsure of this after the owner sold them all off in the guise of distancing himself from it. Rather he took his millions and left the Suckers holding the bags.

I'd be unsure of this after the owner sold them all off in the guise of distancing himself from it. Rather he took his millions and left the Suckers holding the bags.

We will see in the long run if it was a selfish move or if it was indeed for the better of Litecoin. At the end of the day, he donated around 400k to the ltc foundation if I am right, which was according to him 1/3 of his holdings, so it's not like he has made as much money as people are making it out to be anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Down to $154 at the minute.

What are peoples thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

no sign of anything stopping yet, I ain't buying back in yet anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

And I ain't selling considering I bought in at a much higher level.

Jesus this is unbelievable, down to 120 now I wonder much lower it will go??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Jesus this is unbelievable, down to 120 now I wonder much lower it will go??

where is it 120, it's hovering around 150 from what I see

It really isn't difficult to put a currency symbol in-front of your digits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

papu wrote: »
    It really isn't difficult to put a currency symbol in-front of your digits.

ah, they must have been talking about €'s... although it will probably hit $120 at some stage tonight

Advertisement