Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I'm on binance so I still have the option but don't know what wallets to use etc

I used jaxx on Windows, https://jaxx.io/

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

If your LTC are currently stored on Coinbase/Gdax, it looks like there's no point in trying to send them to an outside wallet now - service is "degraded" for litecoin transfers with many reports of transactions stuck at "pending" for several hours.

Including mine. :mad:

Mine is also stuck for several hours :( I did have a very small amount on Binance which transferred just fine this morning.

Edit: Only 31 blocks to go until the fork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Yeah plus one for jaxx.

It's so quick to install and get up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

fran426ft wrote: »
    Mine is also stuck for several hours :( I did have a very small amount on Binance which transferred just fine this morning.

Edit: Only 31 blocks to go until the fork

Wow within a minute of posting the LTC appeared in my Jaxx wallet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

My earlier (what were supposed to be test) transactions took three hours to get to the wallet. I sent a first small test from Coinbase, subject to a miner's fee, and a second one half an hour later directly from Gdax with no fee. The second one arrived about twenty minutes before the first ... :rolleyes:

I've transferred the rest from Gdax, but with the delay and there being only 30 blocks left, I'm not convinced I'll get the credit. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Do I have to have the coins in the wallet at the time of the mined block? Cause my laptop is not turning on and I fear I will not get the coins from coinbase to jaxx in time,I have jaxx but laptops shagged ,argh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I've transferred the rest from Gdax, but with the delay and there being only 30 blocks left, I'm not convinced I'll get the credit. frown.png

Fair dues to Coinbase - that last transfer went through in just a few minutes, ahead of the fork.

rapul wrote: »
    Do I have to have the coins in the wallet at the time of the mined block? Cause my laptop is not turning on and I fear I will not get the coins from coinbase to jaxx in time,I have jaxx but laptops shagged ,argh!!

Litecoin Cash's official position: In general, exchange deposit addresses are no use, as you have no way of accessing the private key.
    Only 9 blocks left now; any chance you could use a phone or tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

....Litecoin Cash's official position: In general, exchange deposit addresses are no use, as you have no way of accessing the private key. ...

So what happens to anyone holding Litecoin via an Exchange such as Coinbase, they miss their chance to get the new "coin" ? Does the Litecoin also drop by an amount, to represent the fork and potential value split off ?

Thanks,

G.

Laptops working have I missed it lads?! Gonna try move them over

Edit ,does it have to be just full coins?

Hi,

Not sure if I have this completely correct or not, but:

- The split occurs at block 1,371,111
    - Litecoin is currently at block 1,371,128 per this page (so it's too late, I think)

Steps to have takee (per this site ):

Follow these steps to ensure you are safe from wallet theft:

Create a brand-new wallet where you hold the private keys, whether with a wallet.dat file, or 12-word seed phrase.
    Move as much LTC as you want to that address and wait for the time of the fork to pass.
    Empty the wallet and take your LTC to an exchange or your preferred storage solution.
    Use the empty wallet's private key to claim the new coins.
    IMPORTANT: After that, do not use the old wallet, and consider it forever compromised.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

Shiza,didn't make it,it seems the litecoin was never even sent from coinbase just loaded for nearly an hour ,I'd say coinbase has everyone sending so was an overload

Coinbase want all the litecoin cash for themselves

#serious

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Coinbase want all the litecoin cash for themselves

#serious

Are there any exchanges supplying holders with Litecoin cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Really hope ltc doesn't get dumped hard after this fork, I'm in it for the long haul but the recent surge has been very comforting after the last month or so.

Charlie Lee is going to have to come up with something pretty magical and soon, imho.

Thanks,

G.

rapul wrote: »
    Shiza,didn't make it,it seems the litecoin was never even sent from coinbase just loaded for nearly an hour ,I'd say coinbase has everyone sending so was an overload

Can it be cancelled on Coinbase, if it's still "sending" per the App ... seems to be hanging for the last couple of hours ?

If so, how please ?

Thanks.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Can it be cancelled on Coinbase, if it's still "sending" per the App ... seems to be hanging for the last couple of hours ?

If so, how please ?

Thanks.

Hey man I just closed the app and went back in and it's still there,sold off a good bit hoping for a slight dip to make something since I missed out in this! And agreed Charlie better pull something good out of the works,long time holder of litecoin but loosing faith ever so slightly as time goes on ,although this litepay is good news

Down 6.5% since the fork 4 hours ago.

Here comes the sell off unfortunately

Normally I would be slightly annoyed at that but to be fair it was expected,hopefully make a bit off the dip myself.

Did anyone get the litecoin cash after? Wanna share any info on what I didn't get ,fecking coinbase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

rapul wrote:
    Did anyone get the litecoin cash after? Wanna share any info on what I didn't get ,fecking coinbase!

Checked over on Reddit, seems it is up on some exchange at 1 dollar a coin, not sure how legitimate that is. I wonder will coinbase release these to people who held litecoin in their wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

The whole market is dipping at the moment, no need to worry because a correction was bound to happen. What really matters is what state ltc is in a week or so from now, will prove if the surge was really from this fork alone.

Hi,

It would do no harm if everyone started putting pressure on Coinbase to stump up, otherwise suggest that you'll move your business to another exchange and they'll lose your custom.

The more sh1t that we all put up with in this life, the more we'll get and it's not like Coinbase ain't already earning nicely off all of us, given their fees for regular buy/sell transactions.

I have sent them a message asking when I'm getting my benefit from the fork (used the online email form, its below the sutupid "how can I frustrate you" automated service).

Thanks,

G.

Ok I sent an email stating that we,there valued customers should be accomadated in this recent fork or I and others I have been talking to will take our business to another exchange.

We won't be getting our free coins til end of March when the ltcash wallet comes online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I understand why you want the forked coin from a profit perspective, but if you wanted it you should have followed proper procedure. Which is not holding coins on an exchange and expecting every random fork to be credited to you. The entitlement in crypto is through the roof nowadays.

Sad times when people use exchanges as banks. It's an exchange, it's there to buy or trade the assets they've listed, that's the agreement.
    Wasting their time and resources on distributing random shítcoins is something they should never have set a precedent for, such a stupid move.

Lol entitlement? Grow up mate ,been holding litecoin for a long time and due to work and my laptop not working was unable to get said forked coins,someone's grumpy rolling outta bed this morning!

I agree with the grumpy poster.

Can you imagine how many millions of litecoins are stored on coinbase.

For then to go through each one and get the owner to email in a new wallet address to claim it would be an admin nightmare and a complete waste of time.

It would also reward those who weren't arsed doing the bit of work involved in getting the ltcash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

grindle wrote:
    Sad times when people use exchanges as banks. It's an exchange, it's there to buy or trade the assets they've listed, that's the agreement. Wasting their time and resources on distributing random shítcoins is something they should never have set a precedent for, such a stupid move.

I thought coinbase was also a wallet for their coins.

Once again circumstances kept me from getting them off the exchange and with all the fees that coinbase do charge I don't think it's that big an ask

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

These are the terms ye've signed up for:
    3.7 Advanced Protocols. Unless specifically announced on our website or through some other official public statement of Coinbase, we do not support metacoins, colored coins, side chains, or other derivative, enhanced, or forked protocols, tokens, or coins which supplement or interact with a Digital Currency supported by Coinbase (collectively, “Advanced Protocols”). Do not use your Coinbase Account or GDAX account to attempt to receive, request, send, store, or engage in any other type of transaction involving an Advanced Protocol. The Coinbase platform is not configured to detect and/or secure Advanced Protocol transactions and Coinbase assumes absolutely no responsibility whatsoever in respect to Advanced Protocols.

Any suggestion that you deserve anything different is the definition of entitlement and may well require a bit of growing up from people who're buying into a system of "be your own bank" but want somebody else to do all the awkward finicky bits.
    And for a scammy shítcoin at that! Sweet Jesus.

Advertisement