Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I agree with the grumpy poster.

Can you imagine how many millions of litecoins are stored on coinbase.

For then to go through each one and get the owner to email in a new wallet address to claim it would be an admin nightmare and a complete waste of time.

It would also reward those who weren't arsed doing the bit of work involved in getting the ltcash

Yep, never going to happen. Handing over the private key to an exchange LTC wallet to take advantage of a fork that's been labelled a scam. Not even the dumb guy from dumb and dumber is quite that dumb :)

grindle wrote: »
    I understand why you want the forked coin from a profit perspective, but if you wanted it you should have followed proper procedure. Which is not holding coins on an exchange and expecting every random fork to be credited to you. The entitlement in crypto is through the roof nowadays.

I would disagree with that, the coinbase wallet is as much a place to store your coins as any other wallet. Its much more convinient for buy/selling, for knowing how your investment is performing (you can just check your balance to see how your portfolio is performing rather than looking at prices and trying to calculate) and most likely safer too the many alternative wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I would disagree with that, the coinbase wallet is as much a place to store your coins as any other wallet. Its much more convinient for buy/selling, for knowing how your investment is performing (you can just check your balance to see how your portfolio is performing rather than looking at prices and trying to calculate) and most likely safer too the many alternative wallets.

Do you really think if I was to fork BTC right now Coinbase owes it to you to give you your GrindleScamCoin?
    Given the terms and conditions everybody agreed to which basically states "No, no forked alts for you" & for very good reason?
    People can hold their funds wherever they want and run the risk of an account being compromised all they want, but expecting an exchange to do the legwork some are too lazy to do with regard to coins Coinbase has no intention of recognising is very presumptuous and is not what exchanges are set up to do.

grindle wrote: »
    Do you really think if I was to fork BTC right now Coinbase owes it to you to give you your GrindleScamCoin?
    Given the terms and conditions everybody agreed to which basically states "No, no forked alts for you" & for very good reason?
    People can hold their funds wherever they want and run the risk of an account being compromised all they want, but expecting an exchange to do the legwork some are too lazy to do with regard to coins Coinbase has no intention of recognising is very presumptuous and is not what exchanges are set up to do.

I'd expect them to give you any major and performing fork. They did so with bitcoin cash incase you forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'd expect them to give you any major and performing fork. They did so with bitcoin cash incase you forgot.

Yeah, that was a terrible precedent to set.
    It was a little bit murkier as BCH was the result of a multi-year ongoing scaling debate, but I don't think they should have honoured it. It was bizarre.

You're entering a very grey area when you say "major and performing" fork.
    What if somebody with a bit of wealth wanted a fork to stroke their ego, wash-trades it to the point of it having enough volume and worth to be considered "major and performing" and then we have a multitude of scamcoins waiting to be dumped on green candle chasers?
    The scamcoins are immoral enough but all these users seeing them as dividends they're entitled to & causing major inconvenience to the exchange just so they get to dump those coins onto some other poor idiot is fairly shameful.

If you want the forks, claim them the correct way. It's incredibly easy to do. Maybe Coinbase will be bullied into honouring the fork like it was with BCH, but it will be exactly that - bullying.
    Typical consumer behaviour these days but whiners getting their way doesn't make them right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I have LTC on coinbase but am not expecting the forked coins, maybe at some stage coinbase may add the forked coins but either way, am not too bothered, as others have said, I could have moved to another wallet to receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

Agree 100% and the precedent of Bitcoin Cash is exactly what I'll refer to (when I finally get a reply to my email to them...).

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

hoooooooly crypto batman.

litecoincash reached 10 dollars today!!!

serus free money

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CryptoMad

There is a real herd mentality here.

There is no indication that LLC is a legitimate fork. They do not have a blockchain or wallet. It is unlikely that any reputable exchange would support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Nice jump there over night,very happy I must say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Wow, LTC continues to impress!!!

If you had 50 litecoin before the fork...youve basically been given 3500 worth of ltcash for free. (At current price of 7ish)...if it gets back up to 10...itd be 5000 for free

Absolute win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If you had 50 litecoin before the fork...youve basically been given 3500 worth of ltcash for free. (At current price of 7ish)...if it gets back up to 10...itd be 5000 for free

Absolute win
    Do you not get 1 ltcash for every 1 litecoin?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

seannash wrote: »
    Do you not get 1 ltcash for every 1 litecoin?

Nope, 10 for one, which comes out as a fraction of the LTC value but is very worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

On gdax. What’s the likely hood we will ever see it.

Also big difference in euro and usd ltc prices

On gdax. What’s the likely hood we will ever see it.

Also big difference in euro and usd ltc prices

ever see what?

yes, above post of mine was in dollars. reduce the free 5000 by 20% for euro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Absolute win

Ridiculous early market price

Considering it's scammy nature, rushed fork, dodgy team and so on - will probably end up heading down toward the Bitcoin Gold to Bitcoin type price ratio rather than Bitcoin Cash to Bitcoin

Then again this market is retarded so there's no telling

At a total guess (personal speculation) I would have reckoned on a best price of $2.50 a month after fork. Potentially rising only if the market goes through another mental climb like December

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Youngpensioner

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Do I get LTCC if I have LTC on coinbase?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Pussyhands wrote: »

What’s this now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Pussyhands wrote: »

No. You had to have it stores in a wallet.

anybody claimed their lccash yet?

in the process of getting mine now. Wallet took 15 hours or so to get.

now its rescanning to import private key. I reckon itll take ages again.

Wondering has anybody done anything with the lccash yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

For anyone claiming their Litecoin Cash, here's a good video and "PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU MOVE ALL OF YOUR LITECOIN OUT OF YOUR LITECOIN WALLET BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CLAIM YOUR LITECOIN CASH "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

So, I had my LTC on a trezor wallet at the time of the fork.

Do I need to move it to a new wallet, then export private key of (now empty) trezor wallet to litecoin.sh site and then claim and wait until LCC arrives?

Then move my LTC back to newly created trezor wallet, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Anyone else somewhat disappointed about the big announcement from yesterday. I think a lot of the talk of it being a big year for Litecoin was based on that.
    I think most people imagined it was a partnership with a well known retailer, not a company already in the crypto game.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

Yep, major disappointed. I'm not really sure what this means for Litecoin. Sure, its using smart contracts on the Litecoin blockchain but what will that mean for Litecoin. More transactions == price goes up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

seannash wrote:
    Anyone else somewhat disappointed about the big announcement from yesterday. I think a lot of the talk of it being a big year for Litecoin was based on that. I think most people imagined it was a partnership with a well known retailer, not a company already in the crypto game.

I missed this, what was the announcement, I have tuned out a bit given the dismal.state of crypto at present, have about half my portfolio in litecoin and bought a lot of it at height of market, I am in no hurry to cash in, so will ride the market for a while, have recently bought some gvt, am hoping this might rise me out of the ashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I've just bought a nice few litecoin so I'm along for the ride on the litecoin train let's hope for 200euro a coin this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I've just bought a nice few litecoin so I'm along for the ride on the litecoin train let's hope for 200euro a coin this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Anybody buying back in or holding out for further drops? I'm holding out and watching the price drop.

Advertisement