Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Swapped out a few Litecoin for other currencies about a month ago and dithered over putting some into BCH, but as it was matching ETH to within a couple of Euro I decided against it. Now look at it!

Shame those free LCC are stuck in the sludge of a forgotten barrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,012 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Crypto is mostly an exercise in avoiding decisions that will result in future regret. The "buy stuff and forget about it for years" tactic seems to be best

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

$2.7B pumped into it in 18 hours yesterday.

A nice 7% jump today approaching the $80 mark.

• Advertisement

'There is a strong possibility that Litecoin could reach $200 by halving date on August 6th. Considering it went parabolic in December 2017 pumping from $100 to over $360 in less than two weeks on pure fomo, a move from here to $200 does not appear that farfetched. At the time of writing Litecoin was trading at $113, boosted 10 percent during the Asian trading session. The next 60 days are going to see a lot of action on the Litecoin charts.'

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/06/07/litecoin-lifted-9-as-halving-nears-can-it-hit-200-in-60-days/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    'There is a strong possibility that Litecoin could reach $200 by halving date on August 6th. Considering it went parabolic in December 2017 pumping from $100 to over $360 in less than two weeks on pure fomo, a move from here to $200 does not appear that farfetched. At the time of writing Litecoin was trading at $113, boosted 10 percent during the Asian trading session. The next 60 days are going to see a lot of action on the Litecoin charts.'

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/06/07/litecoin-lifted-9-as-halving-nears-can-it-hit-200-in-60-days/

I'd say it will go over it, any of ye take a gamble on it when it hit rock bottom? Litecoin was my first investment in 2017 and I made a ton of money from it!

Truckermal wrote: »
    I'd say it will go over it, any of ye take a gamble on it when it hit rock bottom? Litecoin was my first investment in 2017 and I made a ton of money from it!

2014, still holding

The Top performer by far over the past couple of months. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Highest its been in over a year aswell, wish I'd bought more when it was under 30 not so long ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

rapul wrote: »
    Highest its been in over a year aswell, wish I'd bought more when it was under 30 not so long ago!

We all do. :) Wonder will it dump hard after the halvening.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

el diablo wrote: »
    We all do. :) Wonder will it dump hard after the halvening.

I know one has to wonder, I'm considering buying another few now when I get home from work tbh, but might wait for slight dip but I have feeling litecoin will not be dropping heavy anytime soon even with halvening

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

So what are people's price expectations. I've heard alot of talk about it dumping after the halving. Part of me thinks we might see a 200 euro coin just before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

it will defo crash after the halving.

the whales dominate the market. into LTC for before the halving. Sell off just before/after.

On to the next coin where the attention is

it will defo crash after the halving.

the whales dominate the market. into LTC for before the halving. Sell off just before/after.

On to the next coin where the attention is

It's very unlikely the coin will "peak" right before the halving, traders are well ahead of the curve. This could have been the run now, with a slow bleed. But then again it's crypto no telling exactly what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Lads is the drop now a normal correction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you love charts the way crypto loves charts and think it will follow suit compared to the last halving then keep your eye on June 22. That's 45 days out and it was 45 days out the last time when it lost 70+%.

If it rallies to anywhere near €200 over the next week, ill sell mine at that point.

If you love charts the way crypto loves charts and think it will follow suit compared to the last halving then keep your eye on June 22. That's 45 days out and it was 45 days out the last time when it lost 70+%.

If it rallies to anywhere near €200 over the next week, ill sell mine at that point.

Thanks for the tip

LTC 50% dump warning

• Advertisement

Is anyone still holding, I've been trying to time the top of this but we have lost alot of value in the last 24hrs.
    Any price predictions.

kellbag91 wrote: »
    Is anyone still holding, I've been trying to time the top of this but we have lost alot of value in the last 24hrs.
    Any price predictions.

I sold but I could be wrong, maybe theres goin to be a final pump before the halving.

I just sold there myself I've been hodling for a few years now. Might get back in at the correction.

According to Bix Weir on YouTube Litecoin will hit $25,000 this year and $250,000 in 2020. This guy is an absolute lunatic. :eek::rolleyes:

Just seen the price atm is €103, down from €126

I wonder will they try pump it before the halving

Just seen the price atm is €103, down from €126

I wonder will they try pump it before the halving

Or maybe we've already had our LTC pump and it'll continue to drop from here.

el diablo wrote: »
    Or maybe we've already had our LTC pump and it'll continue to drop from here.

Yes, I sold this morning. It was the only decision I got right today by the looks of things

Yes, I sold this morning. It was the only decision I got right today by the looks of things

Just a thought: if it goes up to $200, holds, and then goes up to $2000 in a mad bull run, can you handle that? if yes, then no issues. If no, then "holding" could be a better strategy

LTC has recovered from €103 to €117.

Does anyone think it will surpass this month's high of €125 and then double before the halving.

I've been looking at the charts on the phone and it's hard to predict.

• Advertisement

LTC has recovered from €103 to €117.

Does anyone think it will surpass this month's high of €125 and then double before the halving.

I've been looking at the charts on the phone and it's hard to predict.

Nobody knows.

Advertisement