Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palestinian flag on building in Phibsborough Road

Options
  • 13-10-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Why that flag is over there ?

rG5bZUS.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

rG5bZUS.jpg
    Why that flag is over there?

Do you mean why is someone flying a flag, who knows, ask the people if you're so concerned.

The image that you posted doesn't seem to be showing up OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

If you can't say nothing sensible better say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This video will explain all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Palestinians live there? We flew the Irish flag outside our house in Vancouver and nobody complained.

• Advertisement

Nobody lives there, it's an abandoned mill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The flag is not on that building.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

In 1982 there were loads of Argentinian flags around the border as GB was at war with the Argies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Nobody lives there, it's an abandoned mill.

A lot of unfortunate people actually do live there. The mill itself, not the adjacent apartment block.

• Advertisement

Ooookay, I'll qualify that. It's an abandoned building containing no habitable accommodation. There may be some homeless people using it for shelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

spurious wrote: »

Back of it is. AFAIK there is a still a bread factory at the back with a massive grain/floor store that the flag is flying on

There is a ton of graffiti on the store, which is constantly changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Why not?

Do you have a problem with it? I am sure there a few on them around the town, also German, French, Italian etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Why not?

Do you have a problem with it? I am sure there a few on them around the town, also German, French, Italian etc.

German's never really fly flags as it is associated with nationalism and due to their "history" few want to be associated with that. You will never really see German flags even in Germany

You rarely see flags in Dublin other than on hotels, Government departments/bodies. You see plenty of Brazilian flags in apartment windows. That is only time I have seen flags on apartment blocks or houses.

When was the last time you seen a French flag hanging on a rough apartment block in D1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

afatbollix wrote: »
    This video will explain all.

This is the most correct answer.

TL;DW version - ra heads, not Palestinian residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

rG5bZUS.jpg

I would imagine it's because some people want to show some solidarity with the palestinian people.Do you have a problem with that?;)

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Lads relax and cool down :) I was only asking ;)

Advertisement