Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst place you've slept.

• 13-10-2017 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Dublin Airport for me.
    They play music at 4.30am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

In a ditch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Phone box ( remember them?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

In Bordeaux Airport after watching Ireland lose to Belgium & being on the beer all day, woke up beside Kevin Kilbane. Whatever about us eejits, he had no excuse :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

In Dingle for my 23rd birthday....way to drunk and walked out of the town..passed a house just being built...big pile of sand next to a cement mixer so I thought it would be a good idea to burrow into the sand and fell asleep ...it wasn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The back of the OH's van. It is converted into a camper but the few times I have slept in it I feel panicky and can't breathe. I have ended up standing outside in the freezing cold in the middle of the night for air
    Other than that a ditch in Slane, Guns n Roses 1992. The bus that brought us there drove off home without everyone as someone had vandalised it on the way up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Back of an old Transit van at Feile '91 (?).

Thing is, I was full of vodka and acid, driving round the town in it on the first night (Fri), cops stopped me, took it off me, let me go, took it to their pound. Having nowhere to sleep later that night, I though it was a good idea to break into the pound and sleep in the back of it. A mate thought the same. So we did. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

On a plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Slummed it in a 4* hotel once......never ever again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

In a wardrobe. Two pillows in there tempted me. Bad idea. Back hasn't been the same since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Know them corrugated little huts the council use at the side of the road sometimes?
    Theres no base to them either and the surface was a footpath that was after been broken up with a kango.
    It was also winter.
    Horrible experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In a train carraige when I was interrailing years ago, carraige slept 6, and I was inches from the ceiling which had a fluorescent light on it, they kept closing the window even though it was roasting (middle of summer in Eastern Europe) and the aircon wasn't working, I think I passed out more than slept.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Stansted Airport after 24 hours of booze.
    Edinboutgh Airport for a stag where I flew in 3pm on a Saturday and got the first flight home on the Sunday.
    JFK after 6 hour stop over on the way to Mexico. 7 hour flight filled by free drink on Virgin Airways.

I see a pattern forming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

A&E in Beaumont Hospital on a Friday night. Delightful experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

In the porch of that little building thats (or was) beside the hydro nightclub in lisdoonvarna one night during the matchmaker festival about 12 years ago in the pissing rain.
    After waking , Started walking towards ennis at 6am Monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Slummed it in a 4* hotel once......never ever again!!

Oh the humanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

godtabh wrote: »
    Stansted Airport after 24 hours of booze.
    Edinboutgh Airport for a stag where I flew in 3pm on a Saturday and got the first flight home on the Sunday.
    JFK after 6 hour stop over on the way to Mexico. 7 hour flight filled by free drink on Virgin Airways.

I see a pattern forming!

Was this all on the one stag weekend ? If it was let me know when the next is.

Me and a mate were in Galway I think it was.
    We were going to sleep in the greyhound track in the traps for dogs.
    We decided against it as we were worried we'd be stuck in them until someone else came along and pulled the lever to open them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Neck on the edge of a plant pot. Don't even remember going asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

In a car after Electric Picnic. We were only going for one night. Can't remember why we didn't have a tent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was this all on the one stag weekend ? If it was let me know when the next is.

No but the same people were involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Kamu

Slept in a door frame, my body in an L as my legs were up in the air against a bookcase.

I don't remember sleeping there, but the worst place I've ever woken up was on the landing of my student halls, back in 2006, after my first Faculty Christmas Ball.

I woke up shivering, my cheek pressed up against the concrete floor, missing my tux jacket, also missing my mobile phone, and with about 5 pounds (in small change) in my pocket. I had no keys either, and my flatmate wasn't yet home.

So I dragged myself downstairs to Tesco, bought a chocolate bar and a carton of milk, then got a bus to my friend's dingy flat in Mile End. I spent the rest of the day vomiting, then retching, and finally fell asleep penniless, phoneless, and miserable. It was the closest my life has come to Trainspotting. This is why I don't miss student life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

In a car in Florida in July.
    A security guard woke me up warning me about dying from dehydration as the sun heated the car.
    I still shudder at the thought of it and the hangover I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Under a train carriage, in an Orange field, In an wet Irish field, on the floor of a dirty Moroccan bus on a a trans Atlas journey, in a flea ridden bed in Latin America. The flea bed was the worst because you just cant sleep with fleas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

elperello wrote: »
    Oh the humanity!

Well it was that or the back of a hiace van but Im not sure I wanna share that story :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Slept in a absolutely wedged 12 bed hostel room before....

.kept waking up from thrist during the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Got hopelessly lost on a stag in Germany, taxi driver dropped me at the wrong hotel in the middle of nowhere. I was wrecked so I wandered into an underground car park and slept behind a car.

When I woke, it was about four hours later and I was being hauled up to the reception of the accompanying hotel by a security guard while we waited for the police. In fairness to the police, they were really sound and even hailed me a cab once I was able to tell them the right address. Not my finest moment

Not quite slept but I went to see a band called Gang Green in McGonagles back around 1991.
    No place to stay after gig so stood outside McDonald's on O'Connell St. until the train station opened at 6 in the morning.
    It was February, snowing and all I was wearing was a T-Shirt and a denim jacket.
    Got train to Waterford and had to walk 12 miles before someone picked me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In a lift/elevator or whatever you want to call it. A hotel in Cork many moons ago. Drank lots of beer. Got in lift. Passed out in lift. Nobody gave a fcuk. Woke up a few hours later when a kind person had the decency to care about me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In a lift/elevator or whatever you want to call it. A hotel in Cork many moons ago. Drank lots of beer. Got in lift. Passed out in lift. Nobody gave a fcuk. Woke up a few hours later when a kind person had the decency to care about me.

Just curious. Were ppl using the lift and just ignoring u in the corner passed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Slept in a doorway on Grafton St. after a Foo Fighters gig, while I waited for the train station to open to get the train home.
    Had a coffee from some 24hr shop and took the lid off, wasn't happy when some fella mistook me for a homeless chap and threw some coins into it!

Slept on a bench down on Bachelors Walk another time, in a suit no less, long story (does involve a wait for a train!) but wouldn't do it again.

Also, obligatory sleep in Dublin airport, flight delayed so missed the bus home, again, had to wait for the train.

Seeing as I drive I really have no excuse for these....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Outside on the steps of my apartment. Sleepwalking is fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Many moons ago in a confessional box in a country church

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Friend slept/sheltered in the porch of the little security hut near to heuston station during a dirty stormy night last winter as he missed his bus to cork. To add insult to injury he had lost his phone and jacket that same night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

blade1 wrote: »
    Not quite slept but I went to see a band called Gang Green in McGonagles back around 1991.
    No place to stay after gig so stood outside McDonald's on O'Connell St. until the train station opened at 6 in the morning.
    It was February, snowing and all I was wearing was a T-Shirt and a denim jacket.
    Got train to Waterford and had to walk 12 miles before someone picked me up.

Let's hope you're older ....Budweiser now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Years ago, slept alongside my then-boyfriend (no funny business) on a concrete floor in the stockroom of a clothes shop. We took a load of coats off of the rails to use as blankets. Simpler times.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Let's hope you're older Budweiser now.

Ah very good, and that would have been the tour for that album I think.
    There was a few empty tankards that night alright!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

On a farm gate, I kid you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just curious. Were ppl using the lift and just ignoring u in the corner passed out?

Bizzarely, they were! I had hazy memories of people getting in and out until a decent guest had the cop to pull me out of the lift. By then it was breakie time.

• Advertisement

On a farm gate, I kid you not.

Were you bursting for a shīte or something? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

In a hospital ward. The old guy in the next bed kept coughing. Then he stopped. Permanently.

bikubesong wrote: »
    Years ago, slept alongside my then-boyfriend (no funny business) on a concrete floor in the stockroom of a clothes shop. We took a load of coats off of the rails to use as blankets. Simpler times.

:eek: you gave me a bit of a fright there... Up until you mentioned no funny business!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Grayson wrote: »
    In a hospital ward. The old guy in the next bed kept coughing. Then he stopped. Permanently.

His coughing was cured, another triumph for our glorious health service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

blade1 wrote: »
    Were you bursting for a shīte or something? :pac:

Let's just say it was part of a bet to see how long I could stay balanced on it, woke up a couple hours later with what felt like a broken back but pride that I was still on the gate :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I fell asleep when I was pillion on the back of a motorbike. So dangerous. The driver realised when we went around a bend and I leaned (fell) the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

A car

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

In a field on the outskirts of Milton Keynes back in 1983. Was worth it though as the following day I saw David Bowie in the Serious Moonlight Tour at the Milton Keynes Bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogsavage

In a outside toilet with a few other people. Floor was covered in piss and smelled like ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

I slept on a clothesline once many years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement