Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many cups of tea or coffee do you usually have?

• 14-10-2017 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

And can tea and coffee be drunk at the same time?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Two Aeropress coffees and one Earl Grey tea at work every day.
    Nothing at home during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Americano at home to start the day, every day. Actually I think it's technically a long black.

Once I get to work there's a bean to cup machine and I'll have another one at the start of work, then another one at around 11.

Apart from on a Friday when I'll go to either the Cloud Picker outlet in work, or the Art of Coffee place next door for a treat.

I might have another coffee at around 2 if I have to go to a few meetings in the afternoon.

Then in the evening me and the mrs will sit down with a pot of tea and some biscuits after the child is gone to bed. I usually have 2 mugs of black tea.

4 Coffees, 2 Teas - most days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Don't drink either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

about 20 cups of tea. Coffee is the Devil's spew, awful stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Liamalone wrote: »
    Don't drink either.

And yet you are posting on a forum called Coffee & Tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

2-3 espressos in the morning before and during breakfast and then maybe another 1-2 later in the morning about 11 or 12. though espressos usually about 2-3 spoons of coffee and not a huge amount of water. dont drink black tea cant stand the stuff especially the cow juice in it. some sort of herbal tea the odd time.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Coffee, no more than 8 per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

As many as I want 4-6, before 10-30 or so

I find the effect negative after that time so finish up for the day early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I would have 2 x double espresso in the morning, then from 11am, I drink very weak black tea. Love my coffee strong, Badger & Dodo preferably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

5-6 mugs of tea during the day, plus 1-2 of coffee.

At one stage I was working night shifts and I drifted into an awful coffee habit, at peak I was on maybe 10-12 mugs of strong coffee a day (night). But it drove my BP crazy, scared my doctor when he checked it one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'll have 3-4 cups of tea a day and 2-3 cups of coffee if I've a bit of free time in work.

I've been trying to cut back recently with limited success, a creature of habit! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sharetea

about 20 cups of tea. Coffee is the Devil's spew, awful stuff.
    20 cups! I'm curious about how many times a day do you go to the toilet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

During the winter in Ireland I'd have one at lunch, and another in the evening before 6pm. Barrys Classic Blend.

Since coming to Toronto; none. I blame the weak tea that I had when I first arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

5-6 large cups of tea + 2 small ones so that would be approx 12-14 normal sized cups every day - i have issues!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

two pots of coffee a day (8 cup pot), and maybe one or two mugs if I'm out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

About 2-4 shots of espresso a day. Sometimes tips over if I'm sipping at work when dialing in the grind but generally don't go beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WesternStorm

Absolutely love tea. I would easily average 10 mugs a day. I find it breaks up the day a bit at work just going out to the canteen to make one.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

:eek: Man, where do you all find time to do any work with all the tea/coffee drinking :eek:

Me, have found my tolerance to caffeine greatly reduced lately. Now I have two 220ml cups of filter coffee in the morning and maybe one flat white at lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I can have anywhere between 3 and 10 cups of tea a day. Don't drink coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

2 Nespresso lungos with breakfast
    A mocha (2 shots) on the way into the office
    I make about 4 "Yogi Tea" infusions during the day (caffeine free and not actually tea I suppose) but I usually only drink half of each.
    An espresso (Nespresso) after dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Nespresso in the morning, tea at lunch and another Nespresso in the evening usually. Sometimes I'll have a coffee from a cafe in the afternoon during work if it's quiet. Occasionally I'd have tea again after dinner with something sweet.

So usually 2-3 coffees a day and 1-2 teas.

I used to drink tea more than coffee but I've gotten a bit obsessed with my Nespresso machine :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

1 espresso in the morning
    2 x french press pots (8 cup) throughout the day
    1 peppermint tea in the evening

Maybe a flat white in the afternoon depending on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

1 coffee with breakfast
    1 coffee at 9am before work
    1 coffee at 11ish... maybe another one around 12
    1 coffee about 3pm
    Cup of tea (Barrys or Yorkshire) after dinner
    Peppermint tea before bed
    I'm also a bit of a coffee snob!! Has to be nespresso or else Carte Noir or Nescafe Azera.. favourite coffee shop is Il Fornaio on Dame Street 🙂

Advertisement