Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike buying advise - This bike worth it?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

gabhan16 wrote: »

Odd to mix Shimano (105 and tiagra) up front with older Campag at the back. Personally i'd want to see a complete spec of parts, their age and condition before making an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

8 speed shifters but 9 speed cassette? Looks like the parts bin was thrown at the bike to get it rolling out the door. no shortage of bikes for sale around that price point , I'd keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The description doesn’t match the photos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Thanks for the replies! Had an offer accepted for 230 for a lovely Sensa Umbria and was looking forward to picking it up only to be texted and offer reneged on me.

You could do worse than putting a wanted add in the adverts section of this forum stating your size and budget.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you'd think the seller would have tried to clean the bike first too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Keep looking OP that's a mutt. I sold a winter bike recently with full ultegra 6700 for €400 (should've kept it to be honest :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I do like Trek's of that vintage though. I don't even think about he-who-shall-not-be-named anymore when I look at them! ;)

But yeah, weird mix of parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

ted1 wrote: »
    The description doesn’t match the photos!!!

Cane Creek headset but Selcof showing in pics!

• Advertisement

Hi all, I know very little about bikes and looking to buy one as my Giant hybrid was stolen recently.

I am possibly looking to get a road bike due to the steep hills I face on my cycle home, which is about 5km.

I saw this http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/trek-1-5-road-bike/13019344 which would be close to my price range.

I also looked at some cheaper ones new in Halfords.

Any advise would Be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

<Mod Voice> Don't start multiple threads, and some in the wrong section, asking for the same advice essentially. I've merged you're other one, and updated title slightly

Hi all, I know very little about bikes and looking to buy one as my Giant hybrid was stolen recently.

I am possibly looking to get a road bike due to the steep hills I face on my cycle home, which is about 5km.

I saw this http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/trek-1-5-road-bike/13019344 which would be close to my price range.

I also looked at some cheaper ones new in Halfords.

Any advise would Be great.

Never mind, it's too big

https://www.donedeal.ie/adview/view/16925910 how about this? Any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Do you know your size?

One you're looking at is a 58, another a 54....

ED E wrote: »
    Do you know your size?

One you're looking at is a 58, another a 54....

Sorry yes 54 I'm 5' 8" I disregarded the 58cm as too big

Fair price for a reasonable bike from a well respected manufacturer. Not a bargain either though, I'd haggle.

I'll hope to get it for 300 I've also been considering a new B'twin Triban SE 500 for 370 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Theres so many bikes available around that price that sellers would be mad not to take a reasonable offer. 250-300 for that giant and the seller and buyer would be doing ok, sellers need to realise that something is better than nothing.

Advertisement