Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Survivor Series 2017 - Spoilers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »

This is amazing... playing it on a loop...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The ending to in its own right was bang on. Triple H v Kurt is set up but they send fans in arena home happy by having Braun go all Braun on HHH post match.

How they got there was a hard watch though.

As I mentioned earlier, main matches I watched for, were all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kurt vs HHH isn't in the top 10 Kurt dream matches. HHH just thinks way too highly of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Krooshma wrote: »
    I don’t usually get annoyed about matches but than main event was brutal..

Shin eliminated first..
    Roode Finn Joe given nothing to do
    Cena added NOTHING to the match
    Sorry, but Kurt looks well past it
    Really have no interest in Shane as a character and as a performer
    And worst of all, Triple H closing out a PPV in 2017..

Christ.. worst match of the night

I see Cole got to you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The only consolation is at least Survivor Series didn't end with Reigns in the Braun spot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I despised 90% of that main event, and its only saving graces were the Shinsuke/Balor stand off, and the post match beatdown where HHH made Brawn look like a monster.

Other than that, the booking was a disaster, murdering the new guys at the expense of the old guard. The "HHH screwed Angle to win it for his team" idea actually sounds interesting in that many words, but the execution was dreadful and made no sense. Owens/Zayn looked like idiots. Roode looked like a jobber compared to the others in the match. I thought Nakamura did ok in the build up to his elimination, as did Joe and Finn.

Hated the women's 5vs5 as well, with the same issue; the babyfaces (Becky and Bailly) who should be getting pushed looked like absolute morons. At least Asuka got booked strong.

Styles/Brock was what it always was going to be, but the way they kept pushing the Raw vs SMackdown score just made the obvious result even more inevitable. I'm just bored with Brock now, if I'm honest, cause there's not been any genuine tension in any of his matches for months.

I'll just take solace in the fact Brawn looked good when he murdered HHH. If they go down a feud between those two, and HHH decides to put Brawn over, it will do far more for Brawn than a Kane feud would.

But yeah, very meh PPV, with some booking decisions I hated.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Owens/Zayn looked like idiots.

This really annoyed me, yes I know it was obvious it was coming they would interfere but they literally got ran off after like 30 seconds, such a waste of a story line.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I missed the start of the women's match, and when I did tune in for it the first thing I thought was "Where the hell is Becky?". The botch with Alicia's elimination looked stupid, the best thing I can say for it is at least Asuka looked better coming out of it than she did against Emma.

Making the whole point of the show "Brand vs Brand" weakened the matches, when Raw went 2-0 up it was pretty obvious Baron, Usos, and Charlotte were winning, as there was no way Brock was going to lose, and we'd go into the main event at 3-3. Surely Brock is a case of diminishing returns at this point?

Didn't like the main event. Sure, Braun looked strong enough coming out of it, but that's about it for positives. The finish of the match was all about Trips, Angle, and Shane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i just cannot believe that in 2017, we're still talking about a company that is obsessed with putting over the McMahons. I mean, how insecure are you?

Stephanie continues to eviscerate the talent.
    Shane McMahon is the last man standing for Smackdown.
    HHH destroys Angle and beats Shane in the end.

So as we head into 2018, we're still in the midst of a McMahon family feud of sorts. it's fúcking exhausting.

Never mind the portrayal of Balor, Nakamura, Joe etc look like also rans.

Why the fúck does any part of me care about this narcissistic nonsense?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

SlickRic wrote: »
    i just cannot believe that in 2017, we're still talking about a company that is obsessed with putting over the McMahons. I mean, how insecure are you?

Stephanie continues to eviscerate the talent.
    HHH destroys Angle and beats Shane in the end.

So in as we head into 2018, we're still in the midst of a McMahon family feud of sorts. it's fúcking exhausting.

Never mind the portrayal of Balor, Nakamura, Joe etc look like also rans.

Why the fúck does any part of me care about this narcissistic nonsense?

Steph is by far the worst I think. The only time I can remember off the top of my head that she got her comeuppance was when Vickie was leaving, and on her way out she dumped Steph into a mud pool. That was three years ago.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Steph is by far the worst I think. The only time I can remember off the top of my head that she got her comeuppance was when Vickie was leaving, and on her way out she dumped Steph into a mud pool. That was three years ago.

Reigns also occasionally gets to make her look silly, but even he had to stand there in the past and be slapped by her repeatedly while doing nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The one thing I'll say about that is I felt that Shane was booked ok in terms of the match story. At no point was he portrayed as an equal (or, worse, superior) to any of the other talent. My main memories of the match are him getting murdered a few times (Finn killing him with the drop kick standing out). Other than chasing off Sami with a chair (It was Orton that took out Owens), he was portrayed as being inferior to the others. Any time he stood in the ring, the commentators pushed he was out of his element, and when it came down to 3 on 1, it was obvious his loss was inevitable. Angle dismantled him, and they never made Brawn sell for him.

Which is why the "HHH screwed Angle to help his team win" story the commentators were pushing, makes no god damn sense. Shane, very obviously, was going to lose. Angle was killing him, with no sign of a come back. Shane wasn't running through the 3 on 1, so the angle they ran just seemed redundant.

Shane spending 2 minutes in the Ankle Lock has killed that finish dead too, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I just finished watching and i have to hand it to wwe , they got me to get the network back in so i could witness yet another screwjob at Survivor Series and its not Triple H on Angle.

Its on me getting the network back in, Well played, well played indeed, you got me good

I enjoyed Lesnar and Styles, thats about it, I knew Styles would lose but at least it looked like he pushed Lesnar all the way.

Miz losing to Corbin, just f*ck off whoever came up with that, he's done nothing on smackdown lately worth anything, while Miz has been Mr consistent on Raw.

The main event was just horrible, Triple H winning lol, sure Strowman got some cheers for attacking him afterwards but we all knew that was coming, (except it took so long to happen due to Triple H waltzing around the ring building it up) i had nearly switched off, Shane mcmahon, last man standing for smackdown, why should i care about Roode or Nakamura anymore, you're no better then a 47 year old part timer, Cena looked like he couldnt care less, and to top it off, it looks like we're heading towards Triple H v Kurt Angle in the year 2018.

I used to love the Rumble and ''road to wrestlemania'' but that even looks predictable enough considering the rumours around the raw main event at mania, that i just couldnt care less anymore.

The one positive is that AJ Styles remains absolutely fúcking awesome (I know, newsflash), and I'm pretty sure Brock had a good time with it too. He sold like an absolute champion for that Calf Crusher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The one positive is that AJ Styles remains absolutely fúcking awesome (I know, newsflash), and I'm pretty sure Brock had a good time with it too. He sold like an absolute champion for that Calf Crusher.

I meant to say that, He treated Styles like he was his equal, and like you said he sold that calf crusher like a beast ( no pun intended )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

havent seen the main event and they way you guys are describing i think ill give it a miss.

shield/ new day was a good match but like all shield matches theirs no tension as there always going to win in the end which takes away from it.

divas match was terrible it was set up to make askua look great and they got there in the end but everything else was a mess.

miz/ corbain was ok same with bliss/charlotte

aj / brock was brocks best match in a long time but for me he has no interest anymore is gassed so quickly and honestly i hope he goes soon enough as hes adding nothing for me. id rather hhh as champ tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I missed the diva's survivor series match and Shield Vs New Day, so I can't really rate them. However it looks like my prediction was right about Asuka being the sole survivor and winner for her team. I knew the moment she was added that Smackdown had no chance of winning. I also suspect that the reason they had Charlotte win the Smackdown's women's championship is to protect her from Asuka. I was also right about the Shield getting the victory but I think everyone expected as much.

The Miz Vs Baron Corbin was alright but nothing special.

The Bar vs The USOs was pretty good.

Alexa Bliss Vs Charlotte was underwhelming I thought, but I didn't really expect much from it.

AJ Styles Vs Brock Lesnar was MOTN.

The main event was messed up as others have said, although i'm not as unhappy about the finish as others have said. I don't really care that Triple H won the match as it is most likely setting up a feud between HHH and Kurt Angle, and possibly Shane. So it works from a story telling point of view, and make sense that Raw was going to win. That being said the pacing in the match was bad and really slow. I know they were trying to create tension in the match, but I felt like the really overdid it a times.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

It was a real mixed bag of a PPV, especially coming off the excellent NXT War Games. I think the main issue with the main event for me, is that most of the lads in that looked like dweebs (except HHH, quelle surprise, and Braun, who I have no problem with, because Braun kicks ass), whereas in War Games EVERYONE looked a star. It shows that WWE is still consistently relying on a bunch of old timers. This is galling when you have Nakamura and Finn, who alone are fantastic, and Bobby Roode who is a walking meme we all love.

Having said that, I could watch Braun bully HHH all day and into the night, the face Hunter made looked like he ****e himself after the whole CROSS ME AND YOU'LL NEVER PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN line. Honestly, Strap the Rocket on Braun, he's aces right now.

In terms of the Womens' Survivor Series match, it did its job nicely making Asuka the steamroller of the womens' division. At first I was a bit miffed at Becky and Bayley being unceremoniously turfed out in two seconds flat, but it made sense to have Asuka smush a load of heels. Still don't get why Nia is rated at all, at all. She's got size, but not much else. Bonus points for Alicia Fox's pirate hat, the girl robbed Kairi Saine's wardrobe.

Miz and Baron Corbin was the same Miz match he has with everyone, good to see Corbin pick up the win, if to perk up the US title a bit. Curtis Axel and his red ned brace were shades of Bobby Heenan for me.

Shield and New Day had really weird pacing, and the match fell apart in the centre. I'm getting really tired of the patented Roman "I'll set you up for a spear, you'll counter, jump up on a rope, come back down and I'll spear you lol" spot because it seems to be in every one of his matches. Rollins still has the most lanquid looking main event finisher ever (this side of when Dolph used to do a sleeper hold) and the battle Dean has to keep his tongue in his mouth lumbers on. New Day, as always, did a great job. Wasn't a bad match at all, I loved the mega Triple Powerbomb, but man did it get sloppy in the middle.

The Bar vs Usos was a great match. Sheamus and Cesaro are having a bumper year in terms of consistently great PPV matches and the Usos became a million times more bearable and better once they went heel. A big fun match.

Brock AJ was the business. We all knew a forearm into an F5 would be the finish, but AJ looked the business; especially getting Brock to turn purple selling his Calf Crusher. Crowd was red hot for it too. Gonna be a crying shame when Roman's Coronation Part 4: Who's cheering anymore, happens and he beats Brock.

Charlotte Alexa was grand, nothing to write home about.

All in all, a mixed bag of a show. No match last night topped anything on the NXT War Games, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a big disappointment. The only thing I really enjoyed was The Usos looking strong and getting a big win. I love their act so it's nice to see them having some momentum.

I was stunned how badly they made a mess of the main event. It all started off so promising. I really liked the interactions with Balor and Nakamura, Hunter and Roode, Angle and Cena, but the booking of the ending just killed everything. It was all about massaging the McMahon family ego. I should have known when we saw Shane's kids at ringside that it was heading in that direction. Of course Hunter had to be the one at the centre of everything: last to come out for his team, involved in the decisive angle at the finish, involved with Braun at the end. All this so he can have another big Mania match and put over Angle (maybe, remember Sting) and then his fans can talk about how great he is for putting people over. Here's an idea for putting people over, Hunter. Sit a Mania out and give Roode your spot. Or Joe. Or Nakamura. Be the benelovent "Unky Hunter" that you pretend to be on NXT.

The ending was so flat. Why not let Jordan be involved in the finish if they were going to go the storyline route. It would have made perfect sense given what happened on Raw. He could have attacked Hunter, Strowman would have gone for Jordan, and then Angle would have tried to protect Jordan and so he and Strowman would have had an altercation. Nah, it's not a McMahon family member though. At least that would be a believable altercation. The phony altercations that we saw in the match between Joe and Balor arguing over which one would hit a move was just so laaaaaaame. How does it make any sense to bury your differences to fight a common foe and then stir up these differences when you are actually WINNING vs the foe? It's phony as hell and makes the guys doing it look dumb as hell.

Shane in the Ankle Lock for about two minutes was also embarrassing. I remember when Angle and Michaels had their classic at Mania 21, Michaels was in the Ankle Lock a long time and people were unhappy. Well, that was more forgivable than this. How much longer do we have to endure Shane O'Mac the middle-aged badass? It's cringeworthy.

I'm a big fan of Brock but his match with AJ disappointed me. I thought it was disjointed in parts and I felt the early beating went on too long. The finish was very good but I was underwhelmed.

I felt very bad for Becky getting pinned right at the start. This made her look dreadful. I don't know if they were trying to protect her from Asuka or Sasha as they have plans in that direction going forward. I doubt it though. It's bad enough when you get pinned early in these matches but when you're the team captain, that's really embarrassing.

The Shield vs New Day was quite good at times. I thought everything else was fairly average.

What's really depressing is Raw now is going to be ALL about the McMahons. Stephanie will be EVERYWHERE on Raw and tbh I'm not sure I can stomach it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Most of the PPV was a perfect example of what happens when you bring in a load of part timers and older guys. And pair matches with people who don't regularly wrestle each other. Botched spots, momentum getting lost everywhere, no investment in any story lines. A mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Cole needs to stop calling Nakamura "Shin" :mad::mad::mad:

IT'S BOSS TIME!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Omackeral wrote: »
    IT'S BOSS TIME!
    Someone should really take Cole out the back and shoot him at this stage.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Braun the new bug guy I dig this

New Ant-Man gimmick on the way?

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Someone should really take Cole out the back and shoot him at this stage.

Shoot him on the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Its not saying much cause ppvs have been so bad the last few years but thought this was the best for a long time most matches were pretty good which makes a change and for me Aj is by far the best performer in wwe.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im guessing Steph will call out Strowman and attempt to belittle him for not being a team player and the fact if he ever puts his hand on her husband again there will be "consequences" of some ****.

Or Angle will call out HHH but for Steph to come out and run Angle down again saying if it wasnt for HHH they would have lost so Angle deserved what he got blah blah blah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Surprised not to see more enjoyment of the AJ v Brock bout. Brock battering AJ and the comeback, AJ putting all the pressure on from there and getting some near falls, submission moment sold great by Brock, a believable threat of AJ on Brock (something few smaller guys manage), some great spots like the Pele Kick to Brock near the corner. No over reliance on false finishers like we see so often.

Uso's and Cesaro was a really good tag match with a fantastic ending, the tag in mid air was a nice touch (pun alert).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Usos/Bar match was good. Usos are a perfect example of how to repackage someone and should be tried with others.

AJ/Brock was great. Apart from the beatdown that went on way too long, I enjoyed it. Had to laugh at the end when Cole said "What's if Brock's injured. What does it mean for Raw and the Universal title?" Yeah because him disapppearing for a few months would never happen.

Women's match was very meh. Can't believe they got rid of Becky right away. Becky vs Asuka should've been the final 2 and have Asuka work for the win.

Men's match. Everything has been said already. As cool as it was to see some of the match ups, it seemed that was the only reason they were in the match. Once the pairings were shown, all the new guys were sent packing. But Braun is being portrayed perfectly. I'm worried about what Furious-Red said coming true and Stephanie getting in Braun's face and belittling him. Even though he can't touch her, I hope he stands up to her and chases her from the ring.
    And everyone comments on Brock looking bored. Personally I thought he seemed more into his match than Cena. He's definitely someone who was going through the motions. Motions he even forgot. He forgot to raise his hand before the "You can't see me" bit. He turns up and makes faces and that's it. He needs to turn up on occasion to stay on top of things. At least Brock turned up the week before the PPV.
    Owens/Sami were wasted in the match as well.

So next PPV for Raw is the Rumble? Braun vs HHH there? Means no Braun in the Rumble. Maybe.

Edit: Meant to say as well, I was half expecting Rey Mysterio to pop out of the ramp with that square that was there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Cole needs to stop calling Nakamura "Shin" :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe he wants people to call him Mike.
    Watched the opener last night, really suffered from the fact the Shield now are all now ex champs and main eventers and the New Day still have a mid card, comedy act feel to them; even after the Uso's feud.

Advertisement