Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane/Storm Ophelia Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

There could be an earthquake tomorrow and the factories would still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Boooourns

There could be an earthquake tomorrow and the factories would still open.

I've just heard that some factories are shutting down lines as the esb have told them that there will more than likely be power outages. They've told some workers to stay at home. Don't know which ones, think Sanofi was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Oxigen are not collecting bins tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 joeyhehir

Does RED warning mean don't go to work?????

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

smaoifs wrote: »
    I sent Oxigen a message on Facebook bit no reply so far. Will update if I get a reply.

Mercy primary and secondary are both closed tomorrow.

Oxigen are not collecting any bins tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Oxigen are not collecting any bins tomorrow

Got a reply just a while ago:
    Hi Aoife. In light of the status red designation for Waterford we have decided to cancel collections. We will be in touch later in the week to reschedule. Sorry for any inconvenience

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be safe everyone

It's scary enough, sadly I cant avoid going out 2morrow. Wish me luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

the calm before the storm, its hard to believe that this time in 12 hours we will be experiencing potentially damaging winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭larchielads

Nypro cancelling the day shift tomorrow us on nights might have to work tomorrow night depending on how the storm goes

the calm before the storm, its hard to believe that this time in 12 hours we will be experiencing potentially damaging winds.

Once im home safe by that time I'll be happy and there are no dreaded fatalities anywhere over this

Every business and public area should be shut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

Stay safe everyone. Lets hope it's nobody gets nobody gets seriously hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

In light of the Red Met Eireann weather alert for Monday October 16th, a number of city centre businesses have confirmed that they will remain closed today. Including :
    Trm / Tony Roche Menswear
    Gregorys Menswear
    Pamela Scott
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Jenny Shoo
    Carraig Donn
    Dunnes Stores
    Kellys
    Eyecatchers
    Altitude
    The Pantry
    John Martin Jewellers
    Alfie Hale Sports
    Debenhams
    The Book Centre
    Shaws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Moved car away from house, should the worst happen (I hear all insurance companies will pay out on damage - it will not be treated as an "act of God").

One thought that struck me is garden centres - they must be full of stuff out in the yard that could be swept away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

getting gusty here now in tramore

Just heard on the radio Teva is closed now too

B&L sending employees home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Eishtec also closed for anyone who doesn't know

Power out in a few western county towns and villages (probably tree damage) so it's coming our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

People have their kids outside here in tramore! Please please take them home, gusts are getting to extreme, and will probably deteriorate further

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    People have their kids outside here in tramore! Please please take them home, gusts are getting to extreme, and will probably deteriorate further

You should go home too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A bit windy out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Reports of tree having fallen on a car in Aglish Co. Waterford, please God nobody badly injured

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Reports of tree having fallen on a car in Aglish Co. Waterford, please God nobody badly injured

One dead, a woman. May she rest in peace and my sympathies

One dead, a woman. May she rest in peace and my sympathies

Just saw that, so sad. Condolences to the family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone any idea when this due to die down...I heard on radio, this morning, it'll be in Dublin at 1 pm, thought would have calmed down at this stage...bit optimistic obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Max Powers wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when this due to die down...I heard on radio, this morning, it'll be in Dublin at 1 pm, thought would have calmed down at this stage...bit optimistic obviously

not until later tonight and more severe gusts when the wind changes direction in a couple of hours.

Tree down earlier on Brownes Road, a lot of damage will be done between now and tonight

Max Powers wrote: »

We're now entering the meat of the storm and it'll be like this with the odd peak and trough for about 4 hours.

My power is about to go I think (Cherrymount) it's been flicking on/off for a split second a few times in the last 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

barriers at the guillamenes should be locked now, i left there at about 1pm and it was extremely dangerous, please dont go there folks

EX Hurricane Ophelia Update

Although we can still expect strong gusts continuing this evening the peak of the storm has now passed. Trees down and structural damage across the county so stay safe and stay indoors. Max gust at our station was 109km/h but at Waterford Airport they had a gust of 139km/h.
    Believe it or not we could be in for part 2 next weekend with another incoming potent storm. Keep checking our page for updates on that.
    . live data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com
    ☘️☘️Buy your Amazon items via the link below to support Waterford weather website. It won't cost you extra but it helps us maintain our weather station equipment costs. Thanks ☘️☘️
    https://goo.gl/tiJFYJ

• Advertisement

Looks like schools will be closed tomorrow as well

Advertisement