Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages not being paid

Options
  • 14-10-2017 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

My boss is forcing me to quit. He claims I said I'm quiting. That he has my other work mate as witness. I never said this.
    He won't give me my wages until I have signed documents stating I quit. I tried to tell him that I don't need to sign as proof that I got wages from him. I'm looking to put a compliant to NERA against him as I don't have contract either.
    I have been working there over two and half years. I'm very stressed out and suffer from depression. I'm going to speak to solictor on this week.
    Has anyone gone through something like this? Should I give him my bank details and try to just get my wages. Or should I take more action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

_coinin_ wrote: »
    My boss is forcing me to quit. He claims I said I'm quiting. That he has my other work mate as witness. I never said this.
    He won't give me my wages until I have signed documents stating I quit. I tried to tell him that I don't need to sign as proof that I got wages from him. I'm looking to put a compliant to NERA against him as I don't have contract either.
    I have been working there over two and half years. I'm very stressed out and suffer from depression. I'm going to speak to solictor on this week.
    Has anyone gone through something like this? Should I give him my bank details and try to just get my wages. Or should I take more action?

Take action, most definitely. You've a very strong case based on what you've said although your solicitor will drill down in to the details. Ask for a meeting with your boss, and detail exactly what and why he wants you to do, write it down and get him to sign it.

Advertisement