Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

smodgley wrote: »
    should be arrested and charged - gob****es

glad they are safe though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the game this morning, but there is the odd gust here in Clondalkin. The sun is shining, and the sky is blue!

Colour of the sky means nothing, its coming, from 1 on onwards it will be very nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Barometer in my parent's house in West Cork reading 966 (don't know about its accuracy), my father says it's been falling fast. Intermittent power for them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Cork and Kerry should be getting the worst of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just back from Tesco Naas it's like the storm of the century episode from always sunny in Philadelphia, people just grabbing anything they see. Store due to close in the next hour.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Semena Mertvykh

90 knot (166kph) SSE gust at Cobh at 1124 - from Cork Harbour Weather‏ Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully it passes Cork quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

R116 and RNLI boat heading back to base now thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

sadie9 wrote: »
    If you were stranded in your workplace in Dublin. Might be an idea to go to the Airport, at least there is food and drink there and you could sleep if you had to! And the transport links will be open there first.
    It's very unfair on those who commuted into Dublin from other counties and now are stranded there by the services.

I'm walking to the airport now from Leopardstown. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Wait till the wind dies down and push it back

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Rescue 116 nearly home after the shout north. Just off the coast near Skerries according to marine traffic app.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's gotten way stronger in the northside of Cork City. if this is whats coming to Dublin then it'll be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

wind has picked up significantly in the last 10 minutes and looking fairly sketchy now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

PJD wrote: »
    Rescue 116 nearly home after the shout north. Just off the coast near Skerries according to marine traffic app.

Good to hear, fingers crossed they dont have to go out again

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Picking up a bit now in West Limerick. Still not too bad but a few strong gusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Windy in kildare now. The odd gust here and there, nothing out of the ordinary just yet (obv) very calm in between gusts which is eerie

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm glad the people whose lives they endangered are safe.
    Those people had no choice but to go out
    The 2 clowns did

People are dumb.
    My neighbour is the last half hour looking for her dog outside

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Tree gone in my garden here in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm glad the people whose lives they endangered are safe.
    Those people had no choice but to go out
    The 2 clowns did

People are dumb.
    My neighbour is the last half hour looking for her dog outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The whole house is being buffeted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

wind has picked up significantly in the last 10 minutes and looking fairly sketchy now

over in caherline power just went but back on it will go though, wind is strengthening aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Ramping up in Limerick since 11.20am

Patrickswell and Adare area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Where is here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

road_high wrote: »
    Well then blame the employer/s if you are keen (which clearly are) to find someone to blame.
    You freely sign a job contract that involves clear responsibility and taking control of those responsibilities. After that it's your job to liaise with your employer. How people think that is the states responsibility just boggles my mind.

You are not the brightiest are you ? There are many that dont want to believe there is anything to worry about, inlcuding businesses that didnt heed the warnings and whose staff may now get stranded, manyof which are posting on this thread. It is the States responsibility to get the urgent emergency warnings out there. The NECC have made statements. If it takes the head of the country to underpin its seriousness, then so be it. He should have done it yesterday though even if it meant making it more difficult for businesses to forget their duty of care to their employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Tree gone in my garden here in Ballincollig.

Sounds bad down In Cork right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Getting fairly hairy down in Salthill now! Leaving work in the next ten minutes at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

But where is "here" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ravendude

Getting a bit mad here in Cork now, - the "yerra tis just a bit of a breeze" crowd will be looking pretty stupid me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We work in a car dealership on the northside of Dublin and we're all still here. There's been a few phonecalls that the whole group is closing at 12 but nobody wants to actually confirm it. It's getting ridiculous now.

Advertisement