Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Boater123

Wasn't taking this too seriously 'til now but the immensity of it all just dawned on me when I heard the most worry news.............Lidl closed.......Lidl never closes:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Red Corvette

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Stay safe ..RTE just said the north hasnt even experienced anything yet

Nope, it's only starting where I am in Cork and it's meant to move north. It's pretty bad here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Teresa is giving out her mantra on rte

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/surf_forecast

You can really start to see the weather change here at strandhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

West Wicklow - crazy wind now, likely trees will be entirely deleafed by the end of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Very very gusty here. Id put it a lot worse than our normal winter storm wind wise but not as bad as Feb 2014. Power is on and is find occasional showers but just to repeat very very windy and gusty.

That went in a few minutes though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Tree fell on a car in west Waterford according to RTE/Damien Tiernan. Emergency services at the scene, two injured so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Got myself portable gas cooker just in case. Everyone stay safe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Highest gust on 1200 report is 84kn at Roches Point....that's 156kmh!

Sherkin Island is not reporting!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Boater123 wrote: »
    Wasn't taking this too seriously 'til now but the immensity of it all just dawned on me when I heard the most worry news.............Lidl closed.......Lidl never closes:)

Aldi still open, got the essential beers in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

nothing major on Dingle peninsula tbh- is this over hyped
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have just seen a huge sheet of metal fly through the air. Definitely a roof.

You think it is overhyped!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 237 ✭✭andre2010

huge Gust of wind and very loud in Citywest. I think its about to hit dublin very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Did you not do your hurricane prep? Ive candles, a new torch, the bath is full of water, 2 thermos flasks with boiling water, enough Koka noodles to sink a ship, a fridge full of beer and a bottle of Jemmie.

You're way ahead of me on all accounts. Dry koka noodle sandwich for me and not even a warm beer to wash it down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cianos wrote: »
    Where?

Ballincollg Co Cork

Power Gone here so I seriously pissed now :mad: probably be days before it's back by the way they were talking on RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

RTE are urging people to tune in to their live coverage to ensure your survival. They have had to break to commercials numerous times due to disruption to service but they are urging people to pay close attention to the adverts until coverage resumes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

A friend just had the door of their esb meter board ripped off in the wind. They are at a loss as to how to fix it. I'd suggest they do nothing but they'd be worried about it bring more dangerous. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hurricane-force winds on the SW coast

https://twitter.com/meteireann/status/919883222921678848

The two people that got into difficulty wind-surfing up in the north, and the people spotted swimming in Galway deserve Darwin Awards. A hefty bill or forced donation to the emergency services.

FYP. How much would a plumber charge you to come out today? Thats the sort of bill these tits should get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Stocked up this morning :)

Breaking news: Unconfirmed reports of Tesco Tallaght running out of Dutch Gold and Goodfellas pizzas.

:p

Nothing like a warm beer and a semi thawed pizza

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Power out here in Portarlington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

Had to go out to the car to get my phone charger. Got knocked off my feet by a huge gust. Getting back into the house the wind caught the table by the door and flung it up the hallway!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'm in Laois.

Not bad at all for now. But seen post about it being bad in Kilkenny & Carlow.

I'm hoping I can escape it or maybe it will start here soon?

Yep, the winds are picking up the last hour. Only a matter of time I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Not me. They know exactly what they are doing so off they go.

These are not accidents.

These stupid ****s are purposely being reckless pulling others into a dangerous situation

So off they go

giphy.gif
    Not me, honkey.

Coz I'm honest enough to admit that I've been a stupid prat at times in my life; I grew up and I got sense, partly because someone with more sense kicked MY arse when I fooked up.

Let he who has never fooked up throw the first stone ....
    Tree down near me. Dromcollogher Co.Limerick
    And what does this suggest about Kesselring's chances, lad? ;)
    Gonna make a cup of tea. Could be my last one. That is my last one for today.
    Meh, it's Ireland, there will be tea tomorrow ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Still very calm in Dublin. Doesn't seem to have warranted a red level warning here. Better safe than sorry i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tigger99 wrote: »
    A friend just had the door of their esb meter board ripped off in the wind. They are at a loss as to how to fix it. I'd suggest they do nothing but they'd be worried about it bring more dangerous. Any advice?
    Duck tape or WD40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Tigger99 wrote: »

Duck tape

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lumi wrote: »

is that 10 UTC? Either way that's at least 90 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ballincollg Co Cork

Power Gone here so I seriously pissed now :mad: probably be days before it's back by the way they were talking on RTÉ.

Hope you have your Vita well charged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Not sure why people reckon it hasn't come to Dublin yet. It's definitely windy and getting worse. Dublin Bay Buoy is reading 34 gusting 48 knots. That's about 70kmph gusting 96...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Probably jinxing myself bad here but it's after calming down a tad here in Cork.

Advertisement