Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was just on a facebook page from a county council and it had a line we are hear to help you but we will not be going out during the red alert time, eg. your on your own if you do something stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

millb wrote: »
    great site and far superior graphics / information / animations compared to rte & met eireann

Class. Have it up on the projector for maximum effect. The missus thinks Im a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Very lucky that I still have power, Wilton, cork. Don't think k it's going to go at this point. Bisbopstown gone ballincollgig gone, some of dennehys cross and Greenmount etc. Was pretty severe for a while. Plenty of tree branches after snapping into.my garden though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wind picking up fair bit here Citywest Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Only one still standing on my team who are working from home today in and around cork city and subs.

Every part of the city expect mine has power issues and I don't understand as I am top of the hill !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Running webcam in Clondalkin for anyone interested. Blustery but nothing crazy here atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Cork City - Northeast hills.
    It turned really violent for a while and we've lost power completely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Also saw a post on fb a few minutes ago, someone looking for their lost dog who escaped from the garden today. Absolutely f*cking fuming.
    The dog was obviously left out there in the storm because if he had just been left out for a quick wee, they would have noticed him escaping. It's actually infuriating!!!!

Madness. Our cat is locked in the garage with food, water, litter tray and her bed. Wanted to keep her in the house but she was freaking out.

If we didn't have an 8 week old to prioritise she would be still in the house but the garage is a modern one only built a few years so she is safe and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'm working in Galway early tomorrow morning and staying there tonight. What time would be best to travel from Dublin to Galway? I presume the M6 is still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Suns gone red over parts of the UK cause of all the sand from the Sahara brought up by The Storm

de1ob4.jpg

5517ja.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Hm, west of Galway, lights starting to flicker. Wind not horrendous, but pretty breezy. Rain's starting to come down strongly, but not heavily yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

La.de.da wrote: »
    F**kin hell. South tipp getting a battering here.

Electric gone.

Gusts absolutely terrifying.

Electrics went here in Clonmel for about 5 minutes after a strong gust and then came back. Someone's doing their job at ESB!

Father is in Cahir and he says his car has been damaged by roof tiles flying off. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Getting bright in south Kerry has evolved into a patch of blue skies and sunshine here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Getting bright in south Kerry has evolved into a patch of blue skies and sunshine here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Getting gmstronger gusts here now in Dublin north!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Only one still standing on my team who are working from home today in and around cork city and subs.

Every part of the city expect mine has power issues and I don't understand as I am top of the hill !!!

shhhhh don't tempt faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭moeblogs

Not great & needs refreshing every minute... http://www.onitsurf.com/surf-cameras/brandon-bay-surf-cam.html

All other webcams here https://www.webcams.travel/map/#lat=52.243095&lng=-7.899303&z=9&t=n ... again not spoiled for choice .. the ones that worked best for me so far... http://macehead-webcam.nuigalway.ie:8650/
    The Tramore cam was working earlier, but taking ages to load now, https://www.webcams.travel/webcam/fullscreen/1270253028 ... scroll down and you will see current view, click on source and it will bring you to the website hosting the cam..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Two people seriously injured in Aglish, Waterford after a tree fell on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Samaris wrote: »
    Hm, west of Galway, lights starting to flicker. Wind not horrendous, but pretty breezy. Rain's starting to come down strongly, but not heavily yet.

Exact same, I'm in Galway city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Niece getting induced as we speak.
    Can't think of any names if its a girl??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

'The worst effects areas will be where most damage is done '- Rte weather girl. Well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

La.de.da wrote: »
    F**kin hell. South tipp getting a battering here.

Electric gone.

Gusts absolutely terrifying.

Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Donal55 wrote: »

Ophelia. Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Donal55 wrote: »

Joanna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

SeaFields wrote: »

Yeah it looks a bit weird, patches of bright blue sky here and there. Very calm now, you would swear we were right in the eye of it although windy.com suggests it has passed over a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Can I light a fire or is it dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

marvin80 wrote: »
    Joanna

that was mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

a roof on a stand has collapsed at Cork City FC's stadium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Advertisement