Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

People who have to work tomorrow - at least tell us the line of business you're in so we can laugh at your boss if it's a furniture store or something completely non essential

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Wexford Bus
    STATUS RED WEATHER WARNING – MONDAY 16TH OCT – UPDATED @23.00 15th Oct
    15th October 2017
    In the interest of passenger and staff safety Wexford Bus has decided to cancel all services on all routes from 5am on Monday October 16th 2016. The situation will be reviewed again mid-morning. Apologies for any inconvenience caused to intending passengers.

Please monitor facebook and twitter for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Rain in cork now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

LUAS will be running in Dublin, per tweet couple mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

syngindub wrote: »
    Red Alert me arse. calm the f&uck down !! be grand

Thank you for your expertise. Leo is now going to open the schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dublin Bus are apparently "thinking about it"

https://twitter.com/dublinbusnews/status/919673470962814976

.. and as I hit Enter there's an update....

https://twitter.com/dublinbusnews/status/919689896838623232

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cienciano wrote: »
    People who have to work tomorrow - at least tell us the line of business you're in so we can laugh at your boss if it's a furniture store or something completely non essential

Someone needs to be there to answer phones and explain to the world why they decided to endanger lives by threatening plebs to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Tesco are open (I don’t work for them)
    D1_DFF8_D7_4_C7_B_4_CE6_A299_131500_ED545_C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Mine would completely non essential, their slogan is every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Update from Dublin bus;
    Hurricane Ophelia Updated 23.15

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that due to the RED weather alert issued by Met Éireann this evening, the following will apply for our services tomorrow, Monday 16 October:

Morning peak services are expected to operate as normal. There will be significant disruption to services from 09.00 to 18.00. This may include no services being available during this time.

We hope to return services to normal after 18.00. However, customers should be aware that services may experience delays and disruptions to service as service levels will be dependent on weather conditions.

Dublin Bus will review the situation on an ongoing basis and is taking advice from Met Éireann and the National Emergency Coordination Committee. The safety of our customers and our employees is of paramount importance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

blanch152 wrote: »
    Under which piece of legislation?

Common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Eerily quiet here in the Midlands. No cars on the road at all outside my house,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I work in outdoor events. We have quite a few events tomorrow. Can’t miss them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Mooooo wrote: »
    Rain in cork now

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This 17:00 Mon chart is MaxGust (what will do the most damage, as opposed to lower but more sustained wind),
    all it takes is one unlucky 140-150kph (*light pink areas) guest (presume you mean gusts?) to do some real damage.
    *If you're facing South,
    *exposed and up over 100m elevation, perhaps even more speed/damage.

-maxguest-eve-140-150.png

*yes
    *yes
    *yes

Have everything tied down / put away / hoping for the best .

Deathly silent outside atm ...

Weather station fully operational ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Office supplies. I'm a van driver. This is going to be great craic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭paulpd

Got a call from the boss at 11pm. Office closed tomorrow. Accountancy firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Text from work, off tomorrow!

Time to play some Fifa*

*til my power goes off

• Advertisement

You work in a bookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Dublin bus morning peak services expected to run. Expected disruption between 9am and 6pm and services after 6 expected to run. Just released from DB

I wonder will the drivers actually turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Starting to rain heavy in West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

The storm being one event which you definitely won't miss. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

Is cork still ****ed or will we escape the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

paulpd wrote: »
    Got a call from the boss at 11pm. Office closed tomorrow. Accountancy firm.

Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Truck driver...laughing at the lads driving curtainsiders tomorrow...flat bed for me with pallets of nice heavy coal keeping me steady:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,055 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cant imagine youll have any punters, whatever it is you do.

Considering all public parks, public buildings, colleges and schools will be shut, there wont be much space to have any events

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

sdanseo wrote: »
    TV3 at the moment

c85f800e0f2a411aa571db03f04e8922.png

Good to see, and that's what RTE should be doing too.

Someone suggested earlier that a ticker should be on screen tonight and I would agree, especially given the seriousness of the situation and the late developments re extension of the Red Warnings, School Closures etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Office supplies. I'm a van driver. This is going to be great craic.:D

As long as it's a company van.

Advertisement