Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think we should all pray to God that ..oh, wait a minute, he made the bloody thing didn't he ?

Nope, all natural phnenoum , no gods involved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just on the point about the hospital appointments being cancelled tomorrow.

Are those appointments going to backdated by one day or will they be rearranged for another time by the hospitals all over the country tomorrow.

I do have a hospital appointment due for Tuesday morning at St Michael's Hospital in Dun Laoghaire.

I am having a endoscopy procedure and further possible tests being done for that day.
    Call them tomorrow to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Are those appointments going to backdated by one day or will they be rearranged for another time by the hospitals all over the country tomorrow.

I do have a hospital appointment due for Tuesday morning at St Michael's Hospital in Dun Laoghaire.

I am having a endoscopy procedure and further possible tests being done for that day.

I'm guessing it should be fine by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Slightly OT, but I am in love with Joanna Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

They might be re-arranged for another time, you should check with the hospital tomorrow to confirm, best of luck dublinman1990.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

BoatMad wrote: »
    Nope, all natural phnenoum , no gods involved

How was mass today. It's the funny thing about Ireland. You could stop people coming out of church here and ask them '' what did you pray to God for today'' and they would look at you like you had two heads, then head to the pub.
    Ask a Mormon leaving church the same question and be prepared for a long detailed answer, she'll then go home and bake cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I live on a busy main road and I haven't heard a car pass with hours but was just outside and the wind is starting to pick up a tad

Jesus! Are you ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Got a text off my manager this evening saying the head of the company cancelled all bin collections for tomorrow, wouldn't be too fond driving a bin truck around little back roads in the morning.

I've put the bins and a few other bits lying against the back wall but not sure about the benches, they are light enough picnic benches. Would they blow around or should I move them as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

West Kerry, Clare, Galway, Mayo will feel the worst of it

https://en.sat24.com/en

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Got a text off my manager this evening saying the head of the company cancelled all bin collections for tomorrow, wouldn't be too fond driving a bin truck around little back roads in the morning.

I've put the bins and a few other bits lying against the back wall but not sure about the benches, they are light enough picnic benches. Would they blow around or should I move them as well?

Move them just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Now being covered on weather channel

https://youtu.be/PBBwEFSv7gw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

In Laois

Just had a quick downpour of very heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

BoatMad wrote: »
    ECMWF models predicted highest average speeds ( around 50 knots ) around Wexford

But it's the gusts that do the damage and can be twice as high

Aye thats what Im getting, east due for a pounding. Also a lot of talk of a 'tailwhip' from the southern part of the storm, and that its not over till its fully passed. Im no weather expert, just find it intriguing.

Now back to follow the debate on tropical v subtropical v hybrid :confused::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Should I have moved my car or is it okay in the driveway? I've nowhere to move it to really so I don't know why I'm even asking this question

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Anna, you should ask such a question in the technical 'should i move my car' forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

1123heavy wrote: »
    you may be onto something here, i too actually often feel a build up of pressure in my head in certain conditions when being outside, i've always thought it was just me or i was imagining something

Luckily my mother always assured me it was very normal. Humid or low pressure weather has always made my head feel funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

When this is over I think there's going to be a serious look at the way the National Emergency Coordination Group messages are passed by media - some radio stations are carrying messages, some aren't - maybe it wont prove important in this case, but in another scenario it could be the difference between life and death.

This is the first real life use of the system as far as I know: there has been a test or two of the system previously, but they were well signposted beforehand.

The unmanned overnight stations I've tuned into are not carrying any messages - but I thought every station had designated personnel to go in and put recorded messages out, or even do it remotely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

For the regular weather posters here has anyone heard from Grace in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

nagdefy wrote: »

was thinking about her earlier. Just did a search there and it seems she hasn't posted since April.

• Advertisement

Is that the elderly lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

That central cloud is starting to look like a skull :D
    3ZgEZ5l.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

ICON shows 90mph (Gusts) at 5-6pm SE Dublin, ouch!

Screen_Shot_2017-10-16_at_02.20.26.png

Yes the elderly lady. Very descriptive writer. I think she had a few clashes with posters on occasions and received a few bans.

Yes the elderly lady. Very descriptive writer. I think she had a few clashes with posters on occasions and received a few bans.

I know we're not supposed to discuss it but I really liked her. I hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Luckily my mother always assured me it was very normal. Humid or low pressure weather has always made my head feel funny.

Yes same here. Have had very strange sinus/throat/ear pressure feeling since yesterday.

I know we're not supposed to discuss it but I really liked her. I hope she's ok.

I know. I think she found the going tough at times as she lived alone and was around 80. The odd poster, without knowing her background, took it as moaning and things flared a little. She was miles from anywhere.

I know. I think she found the going tough at times as she lived alone and was around 80. The odd poster, without knowing her background, took it as moaning and things flared a little. She was miles from anywhere.

Fair play to her though, she is a tough cookie. Great cook too and an intelligent woman.

I think she was banned. I know she was elderly so hoping her absence is due to a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,429 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

West Kerry, Clare, Galway, Mayo will feel the worst of it

https://en.sat24.com/en

Is Kerry where it will hit first?

Advertisement