Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ophelia - General Discussion/Local reports - See MOD NOTE Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    It's a 'moot' point you mean

Great, even a hurricane can’t keep the grammar nazis at bay !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Just remembr folks, if you drive in a red weather warning and something happens your car insurance company will deny all responsibility

Are you sure about that? Can you show me where a company has actually stated this as a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Damn, forgot to tape down our front door knocker - it's already rattling like mad! (south Tipp)

Nah it's probably just kids with their day off school :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Source? Read this several times last night but no evidence it's true

Probably from Facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just remembr folks, if you drive in a red weather warning and something happens your car insurance company will deny all responsibility

Source please!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Picking up wind in Donegal now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Full live coverage now on RTE Radio 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I'd go to the shop if I knew today's paper(s) had been delivered.
    Anyone know if they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I saw it on Twitter, and it's most likely untrue, but is a risk to take

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

this is a dog **** tbh.

I took half day off work (morning) to attend that ceremony thing and now both get canceled - as a result I will probably have to waste another half day off to attend re-scheduled one.

Like how lucky do I have to be - been here for 12 years, only applied for citizenship now and the day I get ceremony scheduled - megatron comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Can you point where it says that? I've checked a few policy booklets and there's no mention of weather warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Sustained strong wind down here on the south east Waterford coast. If this is just the tip of the iceberg then the real deal will be something else

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Boston Scientific in Clonmel have advised staff not to travel. Abbott Vascular, next door, have not.
    This is when you find out which companies are really "great places to work". I'd expect clear advice that non-essential staff should not travel to be appropriate, but I wouldn't expect manufacturing plants to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

_Brian wrote: »
    Great, even a hurricane can’t keep the grammar nazis at bay !

Spelling not grammar :rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Damn, forgot to tape down our front door knocker - it's already rattling like mad! (south Tipp)

You know, and this is just a suggestion.. you could go tape it down now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I don't know for a fact it's true but I did see a legal firm tweet this.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? Can you show me where a company has actually stated this as a fact?

He'll check for you after your car is wrecked .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    Can you point where it says that? I've checked a few policy booklets and there's no mention of weather warnings.

His local barstool I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

arleitiss wrote: »
    this is a dog **** tbh.

I took half day off work (morning) to attend that ceremony thing and now both get canceled - as a result I will probably have to waste another half day off to attend re-scheduled one.

Like how lucky do I have to be - been here for 12 years, only applied for citizenship now and the day I get ceremony scheduled - megatron comes in.

Being Irish is a struggle, think of this as a baptism of fire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Worst will miss dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

in past 5 minuits, winds picking up with bursts of rain here in the south west

Paully D wrote: »
    And unfortunately will most likely be stranded come evening when Dublin Bus pull their services once Ophelia starts to hit in the early afternoon.

The timeline is just a nightmare as people will be expected in due to it not being bad in the morning.

Now Dublin Bus are saying they may not put on buses after 9am.
    Poor form I reckon. Its essentially stranding people in the city.

The Gardai advised high sided vehicles not to drive today. Dublin Bus shouldn't have run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Gavlor wrote: »
    Sustained strong wind down here on the south east Waterford coast. If this is just the tip of the iceberg then the real deal will be something else

I'm always the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

__..__ wrote: »
    Very quiet in Dublin. Eerily quiet.

It's 7 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭fyfe79

hmmm wrote: »
    This is when you find out which companies are really "great places to work". I'd expect clear advice that non-essential staff should not travel to be appropriate, but I wouldn't expect manufacturing plants to stop.

AV have really been promoting 'safety at work' recently too. I guess safety outside of grounds doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joanna speaking on RTÉ Radio 1 now.

Says her concern is that people will wake up, think it's grand, head to work and then be unable to get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Peatys wrote: »
    You know, and this is just a suggestion.. you could go tape it down now?

Or get the missus outta de bed and let her tape it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Worst will miss dublin.
    The worst was always going to be west coast. Dublin is still going to see some nasty weather. Met saying stay inside from 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Now Dublin Bus are saying they may not put on buses after 9am.
    Poor form I reckon. Its essentially stranding people in the city.

The Gardai advised high sided vehicles not to drive today. Dublin Bus shouldn't have run.

Good on them.
    Bring people in and then leave them at work.
    I bet companies love that. Double the work today because the workers cant go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Source? Read this several times last night but no evidence it's true

You hit a knocked tree today on your way home and see what the'll say then.... Personal experience.....

Advertisement