Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming charges

Options
  • 14-10-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Is there a minimum connection charge to receive a call when roaming in USA?

No details of it here https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/usa/usa

Have received a bill which included a €1.31 charge for receiving a 1 second call when I was in USA.

Also no mention of it in the roaming charges text message I received when I was there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Is there a minimum connection charge to receive a call when roaming in USA?

No details of it here https://www.eir.ie/roaming/#/usa/usa

Have received a bill which included a €1.31 charge for receiving a 1 second call when I was in USA.

Also no mention of it in the roaming charges text message I received when I was there.
    Hi Toastytoes,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you are in the USA and you receive a call you will be charged for this. The link that you sent me should show this if you scroll down. If you can't see it, don't worry, here is a breakdown of the charges to receive a call in the USA:

Bill Pay customers: €1.62/min
    PAYG customers: €1.59/min

You would normally be charged for the full minute no matter how long you were connected to the call (if less than one minute), however, it looks you were charged slightly less than this because you were connected for such a short duration of time.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Toastytoes,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you are in the USA and you receive a call you will be charged for this. The link that you sent me should show this if you scroll down. If you can't see it, don't worry, here is a breakdown of the charges to receive a call in the USA:

Bill Pay customers: €1.62/min
    PAYG customers: €1.59/min

You would normally be charged for the full minute no matter how long you were connected to the call (if less than one minute), however, it looks you were charged slightly less than this because you were connected for such a short duration of time.

- Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response but it doesn’t really answer my question. Where is it detailed that there is a minimum charge for receiving a call?

Also having a call time of 1 second would suggest that we didn’t actually properly connect at all. I can’t see what kind of communication there would have been in that timeframe however I’m not objecting to paying a connection fee as I can’t specifically recall the incident.

However I would like to see where minimum connection charges are advised of.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response but it doesn’t really answer my question. Where is it detailed that there is a minimum charge for receiving a call?

Also having a call time of 1 second would suggest that we didn’t actually properly connect at all. I can’t see what kind of communication there would have been in that timeframe however I’m not objecting to paying a connection fee as I can’t specifically recall the incident.

Thanks.

Any chance I could get a response here? It’s been a week. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks.

Any chance I could get a response here? It’s been a week. Thanks.
    Hi Toastytoes,

I'm really sorry with the delay here, that was an error on my end. Can you send me your mobile number, PIN and full name in a PM please?

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wouldn’t mind finding this out too. Can’t see why number is needed to tell is the answer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement