Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my policy void?

Options
  • 14-10-2017 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hope someone can please give me some advise as I'm losing sleep over this 😞. My car was involved in an accident ...no one hurt thank god! named driver was driving. I believe other car was at fault however no one admitting liability for it. My insurance company have assigned an investigor. Investigator is doing a report and requesting named drivers license. Named driver has now informed me that she has a drink driving conviction from over 10 yrs ago. I was unaware of this therefore never informed my insurance company when I got my policy. Does this now mean my policy is void 😢??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Conviction of that length of time ago is considered spent so would not impact your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Tina82

Thank you ...sick to my stomach with worry over this as I commute 2 1/2 hours to work and if insurance don't pay out I wouldn't be able to afford another car.

Advertisement