Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping dogs weight

Options
  • 14-10-2017 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

So I've a 3 year old English springer spaniel that i added venison with her nuts for 2 months to gain some weight and stoped 5 weeks ago and back to nuts since and she has just kept gaining and gaining now it's slowing her down.

I have increased the amount of exercise in last month in getting ready for the pheasants as you do but I can't get her to drop weight.

Any tips or advice on what to feed her would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Not being a smart arse, but are you giving her the right amount of the nuts ? If you give the recommended amount, its amazing how little it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Dog biscuits are a feed producers product. Proper meat (not tinned junk) and the basic amount of biscuits needed for proper health unless you use other products to replace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭nigelm485

Well I give her two bean cans a day of good nuts.

nigelm485 wrote: »
    Well I give her two bean cans a day of good nuts.

Find out how many calories in the nuts. Finding out how much is in the meat is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

123shooter wrote: »
    Find out how many calories in the nuts. Finding out how much is in the meat is easy.

Also check what % of protein is in them.

• Advertisement

Your dog can get protein from proper food like the obvious meat, fish, boiled eggs. He can also get calcium and trace elements from egg shells. Other foods have other things he needs. More natural foods than nuts/biscuits.

You just have to work it all out and what he needs.

Ok thanks I'll get cracking testing other diets and she's in for her pre season check up in vet so hopefully get it worked out

Cheers

If you are feeding her meat then thats protein and some fat so you dont need the 'full' mixer biscuits just the basic kind if its biscuits you prefer.

If you are feeding her meat then thats protein and some fat so you dont need the 'full' mixer biscuits just the basic kind if its biscuits you prefer.

I cut out the meat 5 weeks ago but keeps gaining just on nuts I thought that would drop her but didn't.
    I'll just start looking at a new dog food.

nigelm485 wrote: »
    I cut out the meat 5 weeks ago but keeps gaining just on nuts I thought that would drop her but didn't.
    I'll just start looking at a new dog food.

Put her back on the meat and just plain mixer for a while and exercise.

• Advertisement

Put her back on the meat and just plain mixer for a while and exercise.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

rsole1 wrote: »
    What Sky channel would it be on?

469 is Sky and its not on then.

EDIT

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

rsole1 wrote: »
    What Sky channel would it be on?

469 is Sky and its not on then.

EDIT

Advertisement