Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband

Options
  • 14-10-2017 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I have a bundled package, phone, mobile & broadband.

Since early today i can't connect to wireless broadband with any of phone, tablet or mobile. The messages vary...sometimes its "your connection is not private" and sometimes its says "internet may not be available". I am not techy and am very stressed as have an assignment to complete tomorrow.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Have tried to contact eir by phone (40 mins no reply), by email...no reply, by live chat 20mins & counting no reply, called to shop.....they cant help & by this thread...no reply.

I am desperate.......how can I make contact? I need a technican to call urgently!

Am 50 mins now waiting for live chat with no response. I now have to leave library and as I have no broadband i'll only be able to check online sporadically as have to conserve mobile allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have a bundled package, phone, mobile & broadband.

Since early today i can't connect to wireless broadband with any of phone, tablet or mobile. The messages vary...sometimes its "your connection is not private" and sometimes its says  "internet may not be available". I am not techy and am very stressed as have an assignment to complete tomorrow.

Please help.
    Hi trishasaffron,

Apologies for the delay with my response, our office was closed yesterday due to the weather. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your broadband service. I'd be unable to check for a fault here, you would need to get in touch with our technical support team for this. I'm afraid the hold times can be longer during busier periods. If you send me your account number in a PM, I can check to see if there are any barrings on your account.

- Adam

Cant seem to send by pm my acciunt no is 20415276

I have tried every way i know to contact technical support. Am desperate now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

I have no broadband since yesterday (assume it's to do with the storm), but I cannot find any information on when it might be back up. I work from home and rely on this so need to get this information so I can make alternative plans.  When I go onto the Eir site it has a list of counties affected, but my county is not on the list!  When I try to chat, I'm waiting forever for someone to come online, and then my chat is disconnected or the eir representative just disappears!

Is there any way I can get an update on when my broadband might be up?

• Advertisement

Cant seem to send by pm my acciunt no is 20415276

I have tried every way i know to contact technical support. Am desperate now
    I would recommend removing your account number from public view for security reasons. If you hover your arrow over my name you should be able to send me a private message. I would also need you to confirm your full name in the PM for data protection reasons.

- Adam

chewed wrote: »
    I have no broadband since yesterday (assume it's to do with the storm), but I cannot find any information on when it might be back up. I work from home and rely on this so need to get this information so I can make alternative plans.  When I go onto the Eir site it has a list of counties affected, but my county is not on the list!  When I try to chat, I'm waiting forever for someone to come online, and then my chat is disconnected or the eir representative just disappears!

Is there any way I can get an update on when my broadband might be up?
    Hi chewed,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. St this time, we don't have a timeframe for when the services that have been affected by the storm are going to be back up and running, however, I can assure you that we are doing everything we can to restore the service for all those who have been affected. If you keep an eye on the below link you will be able to keep up to date with what is going on as our community page is being updated as soon as more information becomes available on this. 

https://community.eir.ie/service-updates-70/storm-ophelia-latest-update-17-10-2017-18-51-295933

If you're not in one of the affected areas, I'd recommend giving our technical support team a ring on 1890260260 or free phone 1901 and they'll be able to look into it for you.

- Adam

Advertisement