Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Teams v Yammer v Skype for Business v Groups???

Options
  • 14-10-2017 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with all these apps from MS which appear to do the same thing, and with Skype for business not being able to add regular skype users???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

In O365, communication with Skype users (non business accaunts) is blocked by default. Ask your O365 administrator to enable it, if not restricted by your company rules/policies.
    Prity much same restrictions could be valid to other apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

In O365, communication with Skype users (non business accaunts) is blocked by default. Ask your O365 administrator to enable it, if not restricted by your company rules/policies.
    Prity much same restrictions could be valid to other apps.

I have it enabled but it's a mess. The regular skype ID shows as this really long nae that looks like syntax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I don't think that's the case for everyone.
    The SfB client I have shows the skype ('personal' version) name prefixed with "live:", probably referencing the Microsoft service to which the external person is signed up to.

(SfB 2016 MSO 16.0.8431.2046 32 bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

it is a mess but everything is eventually going into Teams including SfB.

Also best to always create your Teams from an Office 365 Group, i.e. the "Add Microsoft Teams to an existing Office 365 group" option so it all integrates nicely/better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

BailMeOut wrote: »
    it is a mess but everything is eventually going into Teams including SfB.

Also best to always create your Teams from an Office 365 Group, i.e. the "Add Microsoft Teams to an existing Office 365 group" option so it all integrates nicely/better.

Good idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement