Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting and Maths grinds

Options
  • 14-10-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anybody who teaches maths and accounting in the Sligo area? I'm a business first year and struggle with both subjects since I never done them before.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Vlove wrote: »
    Does anyone know anybody who teaches maths and accounting in the Sligo area? I'm a business first year and struggle with both subjects since I never done them before.
    Many thanks

Thy this https://www.itsligo.ie/student-hub/maths-support/

I had same problems and found this very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

T-Bird wrote: »
    Thy this https://www.itsligo.ie/student-hub/maths-support/

I had same problems and found this very good.

Thanks but is there anyone else that may facilitate this even outside of college?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Search Educandi on fb.. I know the girl running that used to do college grinds aswell, her timetable is pretty busy these days but no harm asking her she might be able to help or point you in the right direction!

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Search Educandi on fb.. I know the girl running that used to do college grinds aswell, her timetable is pretty busy these days but no harm asking her she might be able to help or point you in the right direction!
    Thanks she told me to email the material and i sent them but she hasnt replied yet. Its great that she does this for everyone, not just secondary school kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mchugh123456

Hi there. Pm for details. I do both
    Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Many thanks

You could try your peers in the years ahead of you.
    I've given grinds to 1st years in my course.

Hi there. Pm for details. I do both

do you have a website or anything that shows who you are? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mchugh123456

I'm a final year Actuarial and Financial Maths student in D.C.U. I carry out grinds at weekends in Sligo. I do not have a website but I have been doing grinds for the past 4 years. Any further questions PM me. Thanks

You could try your peers in the years ahead of you.
    I've given grinds to 1st years in my course.

good idea but I probably would be a bad teacher lol

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Many thanks
    Never done Maths? I don't want to be awkward here, but seriously if you want to be in business, these skills are prerequisite.

• Advertisement

iamnotme wrote: »
    Never done Maths? I don't want to be awkward here, but seriously if you want to be in business, these skills are prerequisite.

That doesn't mean I don't want to do it, why do you think im doing the course in the first place? I'm not in it for the craic you know😑. Out of interest, were you in college studying business or are you making a comment like that to try to annoy me?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

That doesn't mean I don't want to do it, why do you think im doing the course in the first place? I'm not in it for the craic you know��. Out of interest, were you in college studying business or are you making a comment like that to try to annoy me?
    No, on the contrary, i admire anyone going to college. However, I do think people have to be prepared for the work involved in the relevant course. FWIW I did go to college years ago, Mech Eng. After one year the class was less than 50%. My point was that it's all very well saying i'd like to do this course, but is it really suitable? It is not personal. It's an observation.

iamnotme wrote: »
    No, on the contrary, i admire anyone going to college. However, I do think people have to be prepared for the work involved in the relevant course. FWIW I did go to college years ago, Mech Eng. After one year the class was less than 50%. My point was that it's all very well saying i'd like to do this course, but is it really suitable? It is not personal. It's an observation.

Of course it is important be prepared of what course one picks but its not a harm in doing things that you havent experienced before. Im sure you had difficulty with the modules you were given during your time in college?

Advertisement