Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do i have an Employment Contract

Options
  • 14-10-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,

Cant find a clear answer to my situation by reading other topics here.

i have worked for the same company for almost 20 years.
    When I started I was given a basic contact which is 1.5 pages long.
    About 3 years after I stated a colleague in another Department left and I was offered the vacant position verbally by the General Manager, I accepted the position and have held that position ever since.
    I did not receive a new contract, am I therefore this covered by the terms of the original contract?
    The original contract has a notice period of two months, which I feel may restrict my options now that I have decided should move on.

Any information gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Yes of course you have a contract, you don't get a new contract with every move or promotion. If you want to leave, then you can always negotiate a shorter notice person.

Advertisement