Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV

• 15-10-2017 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm looking to upgrade some cctv and was wondering if anybody can recommend a good company that charges a reasonable price to do this please. Its just the cameras that need replacing. I already have the system up and running but some cameras are poor quality.
    I am also looking into getting automated gates installed on the property so there might be further work involved for the right company.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

C U Security on O'Connell street have a good reputation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

We find ETL Security Limerick great too. http://www.etlsecurity.ie/ (061)410922

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

These boys are good too.

http://www.tandkalarms.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

+1 for tandk alarms

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Leonita

Thanks for the recommendations folks. Just another quick question would I be better off buying my own cameras as opposed to buying from an installer? IIRC when some of the cameras were installed they charged me quite high prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

leo78 wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendations folks. Just another quick question would I be better off buying my own cameras as opposed to buying from an installer? IIRC when some of the cameras were installed they charged me quite high prices.

It's an option for sure. I've installed a few systems and they all used the same type cable. Basically it's a combination cable.. half coax half power.
    Newer cameras may not be supported by your DVR so you may have to replace that aswell.
    Hik vision make good quality cameras that don't cost the earth. Look on Amazon...

Marty.

The DVR is just over a year old so is still quite new unless things have changed dramatically since?

The DVR is just over a year old so is still quite new unless things have changed dramatically since?

Yeah should be good then... but do check compatibility before you buy cameras.
    Marty.

How would I check compatibility? I'm hopeless with technology

How would I check compatibility? I'm hopeless with technology

Look up your DVR... it will list analog/digital support 720/1080p etc etc... then when your picking your cameras make sure you don't overshoot the specs of the DVR.

Have you the make model of the DVR?
    At this stage this thread should prob be another forum...
    Marty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement