Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather disruptions to flights Monday 16th Oct - post here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

Aer Lingus announced that they will be operating most of their schedule tomorrow. it is hard to believe tbh. I hope they dont first announce delay and then cancel which has happened to me last year twice with Aer lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It does look like alot of the morning traffic into DUB will have no issue, unless theres some low cloud thrown into the mix just to make it extra fun.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

crashadder wrote: »
    Aer Lingus announced that they will be operating most of their schedule tomorrow. it is hard to believe tbh. I hope they dont first announce delay and then cancel which has happened to me last year twice with Aer lingus

EI website showing lots of cancelkations if you check out 'Flight Status' for the flight that concerns you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

EI website showing lots of cancelkations if you check out 'Flight Status' for the flight that concerns you.
    I did and it seems to be on time. i dont see a list of flights that are cancelled. ie flights from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

crashadder wrote: »
    I did and it seems to be on time. i dont see a list of flights that are cancelled. ie flights from Dublin

At the moment for Aer Lingus it just seems to be EI Regional flights departing after 11 am that are cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Masala wrote: »
    Any thing from Ryanair..... seem they operating as normal

I could be wrong but I thought the cross wind limits for 737NGs was reduced for aircraft fitted with winglets...?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There are a number of Cityjet/Air France flights to Paris and London City that are now showing as cancelled.

Details are on the live departures section of the Dublin Airport web site

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

BA delays creeping in now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

I Wonder how the 6am from Cork - Amsterdam on Tuesday morning will fair out. Another day at home before i make the long journey back to Sakhalin would be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

I'm on the SFO -> DUB flight in a couple of hours ;)
    When would a decision to divert be made? Could they make it tomorrow morning closer to Ireland or what will happen?

• Advertisement

Cian59 wrote: »
    I'm on the SFO -> DUB flight in a couple of hours ;)
    When would a decision to divert be made? Could they make it tomorrow morning closer to Ireland or what will happen?

Due at 11:50 so hard to call. Should get in as long as the centre doesn't arrive early. Divert decision can be left till quite close. Only snag is it might not be in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Cian59 wrote: »
    I'm on the SFO -> DUB flight in a couple of hours ;)

DM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Shannon

The following Ryanair flights have been cancelled tomorrow.
    FR1172 to Wroclaw departing at 10.50 and returning at 17.00 as FR1173
    FR2303 to Faro departing at 10.20 and returning at 16.20 as FR2304.
    FR1345 From Lanzarote at 11.30 and returning as FR1344

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

As expected:

'Dear Guest, Aer Lingus regrets to advise that due to Hurricane Ophelia your Flight: EI0608 on 16 OCT at 1340 departing from DUB[Dublin] is cancelled. Please go to www.aerlingus.com to rebook free of charge, or to cancel and apply for refund. Alternatively, please call our Contact Centre at 01 886 8989. In the interest of safety we ask all guests to avoid travelling to the airport unless absolutely necessary. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Aer Lingus'

Ryanair regret to advise customers due to adverse weather on 16th Oct, they have been forced to cancel their flights to/from Knock Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

More flights cancelled:

Aer Lingus
    EI522/523 - CDG
    EI166/167 - LHR
    EI608/609 - AMS

Emirates
    EK161/162 - Dubai
    EK163/164 - Dubai

Vueling
    VY8720/8721 - Barcelona

Qatar Airways
    QR17/QR18 - Doha

EI Regional, CityJet, Air France, KLM and BA flights after 8-11 a.m. are also cancelled.

JCX BXC will have a full TAF update here soon for anyone flying tomorrow.

Departures
    Paris-CDG Aer Lingus EI522 16 Oct 09:40 Cancelled
    London-LHR Aer Lingus EI166 16 Oct 13:35 Cancelled
    Dubai Emirates EK162 16 Oct 13:50 Cancelled
    Barcelona Vueling VY8721 16 Oct 15:05 Cancelled
    Dubai Emirates EK164 16 Oct 22:25 Cancelled

Arrivals
    Barcelona Vueling VY8720 16 Oct 14:25 Cancelled
    London-LHR Aer Lingus EI167 16 Oct 17:15 Cancelled
    Amsterdam Aer Lingus EI609 16 Oct 17:40 Cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Due at 11:50 so hard to call. Should get in as long as the centre doesn't arrive early. Divert decision can be left till quite close. Only snag is it might not be in Ireland

Hi,
    My mum is also on this flight, when will we know more as it seems to be leaving on time,

Not much new in the TAF's at midnight. See 6pm TAF for some more details :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104977347&postcount=55

Dublin

No real change to note, max gust 50kts

Shannon

Max gust has been revised up to 65kts and heavy rain added to the forecast.
    TEMPO 1611/1614 13040G65KT 3000 +RA

Cork

Max gust still at 70kts, heavy rain added to forecast.
    TEMPO 1611/1614 18050G70KT 3000 +RA

Knock

Max gust still 50kts, heavy rain added to forecast
    TEMPO 1612/1618 3000 +RA BKN007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

EI 111 SNN-JFK put back from 12.45 to 15.45 with knock on to the EI 110. The wife is coming back on that one so I get another couple of hours in bed.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭1123heavy

from a quick scan of the TAFs it seems the gusts are the only problem from late morning with visibility being poor in the early morning, rain is only moderate max for the rest of the day and no TS in sight

3/5 transatlantic services on their way to Shannon at the moment, despite the forecast winds. Lots of cancellations however.

Corks listings are full of cancellations, most flights before 6pm cancelled.

Alot on their way to DUB ATM, a few cancellations but as of now most flights are operating.

All ryanair flights to NOC cancelled, I don't hold much hope for Flybe, the Aer Lingus flight to Gatwick tomorrow evening may be the only thing that actually operates to NOC tomorrow.

All flights to Kerry and Donegal cancelled tomorrow.

Ah lads here go to sleep for an hour! Just woke up for a quick status check.
    6am TAF's issued, mainly upgrades. Somewhat concerning.

Cork Max gust now 75kts

Dublin Max gust now 55kts

Knock Max gust now 60kts

And to add to this list

Kerry Expecting max gust of 70kts, temporarily active between 11am-1pm TEMPO 1610/1612 14045G70KT

Waterford Expecting max gust of 75kts, temporarily between 1pm-4pm TEMPO 1612/1615 20050G75KT

Looks very concerning for those on the South Coast, especially as TAF's have upgraded further, stay safe everyone today. Expect widespread disruption at airports.

I'm back to sleep for a while, good luck!

UA24/25 EWR-SNN-EWR cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,705 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Aer Lingus positioning EI-GAL, EI-DEK and EI-DEL from Cork to Dublin as EI994, EI992 and EI990 currently, presumably to avoid the impact of the storm.

Is that a Stobart I see taking off from Cork on a scheduled flight?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Is that a Stobart I see taking off from Cork on a scheduled flight?

Seems so, 2nd one off to Edinburgh..

I wouldn't bank on the planes making their scheduled returns though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

JCX BXC wrote:
    UA24/25 EWR-SNN-EWR cancelled.

Actually due to technical fault. Before this happened pax were told if they couldn't land in shannon they'd be diverting to Paris!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Emergency on 10 now in Dublin, no details but has landed, not showing on FR

Advertisement