Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good "Santa experience"?

Options
  • 15-10-2017 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Sorry title should say good Santa experience!!

We've 2 boys, 2 and half and nearly 5 so we're planning to book this year's Santa experience. We've done Rathwood and Fota Island which were both very good so interested to hear other recommendations. We have relations in clonmel so can stay there if there's good places down south. We live in Louth so is there anything decent near us or in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

R11 wrote: »
    Sorry title should say good Santa experience!!

We've 2 boys, 2 and half and nearly 5 so we're planning to book this year's Santa experience. We've done Rathwood and Fota Island which were both very good so interested to hear other recommendations. We have relations in clonmel so can stay there if there's good places down south. We live in Louth so is there anything decent near us or in Dublin?

We went on the Santa Experience in Suir Valley Railway in Kilmeaden last year and plan to again this year. Havn't seen it advertised yet this year but they are running a spooky train for Halloween so will prob advertise after that. My almost 2 year old liked it and there were lots of people with older kids too. Present was also decent.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Might be a bit far away for ye, but we do the Santa Train in the Amber Springs in Gorey every year and our little boy loves it. Present is decent and you get a good amount of time in the 'village' and they've got a live manger with a donkey and a sheep in it. Staff all very enthusiastic and friendly. If you're going, I'd recommend doing one of the evening ones because it's more fun when the village is all lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Causey Farm in Co Meath. We've been several times and it's really good. I'd highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

Thanks for the suggestions. Checked Amber Springs and Causey Farm,both either booked up for our dates or not enough room(there's gonna be 8 of us!). That other place has no online booking so I'll ring tomorrow after this storm blows over! Keep the suggestions coming in although I reckon most places will be booked up already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

I know my friends kids enjoyed Santa Experience in Palmerston House near Naas Co. Kildare. Haven't been myself but might be one to consider.

• Advertisement

Thanks..... Completely booked out! We can only do a Saturday in December so looks like we'll miss out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Will prob be booked out for Dec Saturdays, but you could check Avoca powerscourt?

Thanks,yes its fully booked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Try the Discovery Park in Castlecomer, Kilkenny - my nephews all love it, similar to Rathwood without all the shopping.
    http://www.discoverypark.ie

Thanks,theres a few spots left on Dec 2nd,might book that tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

What about winterval in Waterford? It's not a full Santa experience like some of the above but there's a special Santa area being built this year, and loads on around the city for kids. Not too far to Clonmel either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Dublin Zoo Santa was very good last yr

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You're probably a bit late trying to book the top end stuff. I would have to say though that Powerscourt is a really good experience. Really well done and a very classy "grotto" where Santa is.

We've taken our little guy each year so far and we love it. (He likes it until he has to sit with Santa and then it gets a bit overwhelming but we're hoping this year's better!)

It's also surprisingly cheap and the present is decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

We were at the zoo last year + parents seems to be giving out reems about the Santa Experience. Our little guy was only 6mths so we didn't bother seeing him there as we were told going in 3 hour wait to see him + you had to queue up. For the whole day we heard families complaining about it as spent the day queuing + didn't get to enjoy the zoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,487 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The Irish National Heritage Park does a good santa experience, but it has fairly modest numbers and gets booked up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Palmerstown House was excellent. Even just for the story with Mrs Claus in the big living room and then up to Santa. It was just magical in there.

We're trying Clanard Court Hotel in Athy for Santa this year, has good reviews & seems to be Saturdays left.

My friend brings her now 5yr old to Tayto Park each year for Santa and said it's brilliant, real beard as well!

Advertisement