Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin based drummer looking for punk/rock/hc/garage/dub gang to jam with

• 15-10-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I moved to Dublin one year ago started working/studying for a phd here. I haven’t touched a drum for one year but now I’m getting back in the game! Before moving here I was playing in various bands in Zagreb (Croatia) for more than 10 years. All kinds of stuff, mostly with punk d.i.y. approach as a common denominator.

You can check out recordings from my last band called Black Gust (forum doesn't allow me to post a link to bandcamp so just google 'Black Gust - Psychedelic Maelstrom').

I also played in several other bands ranging from pop/trash, melodic hc/punk, all the way to satarash core weird experimental stuff, and can provide you with recordings if you wish to hear it.

Music I’m listening to also varies a lot, so I’ll list some of the band that first come to my mind just to give you an idea of what influenced me: At The Drive In, Refused, The Clash, Ramones, P.A.I.N., Zounds, bunch of reggae and dub music, R.K.L., Sick Of It All, Zero Boys, Circle Jerks, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Rancid, bunch of ex-yu music (e.g. Haustor, Anti Otpad, El Bahatee, Mikrofonija, KUD Idijoti, F.O.B., Kurve), The Thermals, Morphine, The Ghost of A Thousand… this list could go on and on…

Anyway punk/rock/garage/hc/dub/reggae influences…

If you are interested in meeting for a pint and discussing about everything music and non-music related please send me a PM. Then we’ll see how things go from there :)
    I’m quite busy with my work/studying so I’m not looking for anything serious. Rehearsals or random jamming once a week, maximum twice a week. I'm based in Dublin 12. If enjoying music eventually leads to some gigs that’s fine, but nothing more than that. No serious touring, serious recording or anything like that.

Thanks for reading this!

Cheers,

Vanja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mamased Nokuowt

hey we're an originals punk band looking for a good reliable drummer. if you want to get a pint sometime i'll get some of the other guys to come along. I've got some rehearsals recorded if you want to hear what we're doing.

Advertisement