Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breastfeeding shells that collect leaking milk?

Options
  • 15-10-2017 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What are these called and any recommendations? Where can you buy? I've asked in a couple of shops and keep getting directed towards breastfeeding pads for absorption but ive heard you can get a type that conserves the leaky milk. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

73trix wrote: »
    Hi,
    What are these called and any recommendations? Where can you buy? I've asked in a couple of shops and keep getting directed towards breastfeeding pads for absorption but ive heard you can get a type that conserves the leaky milk. Thanks.

They are in fact called breast shells. Avent, Medela, Nuk all produce them. I don't know have I ever seen them in a chemist, but you can def buy on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Hardly worth it for all they would collect? Get yourself a haakaa instead

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

I've heard these called Milk Savers too, a quick Google will show you where to buy them. Haven't used them myself so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

I have the philips ones and was quite happy with them.
    My problem was that i had quite a lot of milk coming in quickly so they would sometimes leaked cause they would overflow. Might not be a problem for everyone. Also my baby would sometimes knock it out of place (i secured them in the bra) and again leakage ensues. I stopped using them when i got problems breastfeeding and havent bothered to restart using them since. But if you d like some handy extra milk they really work. We managed to collect half a freezer drawer full in 5weeks (again, i seem to have a big letdown on the nonfeeding side so results may vary).
    One more tip is we collected the milk from each day in the philips avent cups https://www.philips.ie/c-p/SCF618_10/avent-breast-milk-storage-cups
    for milk and then froze per day or in icecube bags for easy portioning (never mind that little one is refusing bottles now...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tinylion

I have the philips ones and was quite happy with them.
    My problem was that i had quite a lot of milk coming in quickly so they would sometimes leaked cause they would overflow. Might not be a problem for everyone. Also my baby would sometimes knock it out of place (i secured them in the bra) and again leakage ensues. I stopped using them when i got problems breastfeeding and havent bothered to restart using them since. But if you d like some handy extra milk they really work. We managed to collect half a freezer drawer full in 5weeks (again, i seem to have a big letdown on the nonfeeding side so results may vary).
    One more tip is we collected the milk from each day in the philips avent cups https://www.philips.ie/c-p/SCF618_10/avent-breast-milk-storage-cups
    for milk and then froze per day or in icecube bags for easy portioning (never mind that little one is refusing bottles now...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

I had a pair they can be very handy. For me i used them to give my nips a break when they were damaged they were great for letting them to the air and letting them heal a bit as opposed to sticking to pads etc... Depending on your supply you can def collect a bit in them as previous poster mentioned keep an eye on them so they don't leak. Best of luck!

Advertisement