Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID - nightshade?

Options
  • 15-10-2017 3:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭

i posted a few months back here in a slight panic as i thought i might have had japanese knotweed, but the conclusion was that it was probably a nightshade.

this plant has appeared elsewhere in the garden - looks like it could be a nightshade? unfortunately, the flowers have gone over and looks like berries are forming.

430653.jpg

430654.jpg

430655.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's pheasant berry, perhaps. Are the stems bamboo like?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Agreed, Leycestaria, pheasant berry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

cheers, have been googling images of that and it does look very much like a match.

Advertisement