Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no fault claim

Options
  • 15-10-2017 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    If you are a no fault accident and the other person claims responsibility, would my insurance go up if i claim from their insurance?
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

rebex81 wrote: »
    Hi,
    If you are a no fault accident and the other person claims responsibility, would my insurance go up if i claim from their insurance?
    Thanks
    Hi rebex81,

Generally speaking claiming of another persons insurance will not impact your quote. However if there is a delay in settlement; an open claim will impact your new quotes and renewal. 

Kieran

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Hi,
    Thanks
    Hi rebex81,

Generally speaking claiming of another persons insurance will not impact your quote. However if there is a delay in settlement; an open claim will impact your new quotes and renewal. 

Kieran
    When and if the other person's insurance co. pays up, will the increase in his insurance imposed on account of the open claim be refunded?

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Riva10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks
    Hi rebex81,

Kieran
    When and if the other person's insurance co. pays up, will the increase in his insurance imposed on account of the open claim be refunded?
    Yes if we charge you extra for an open / fault claim; we refund that if the claim is later settled in your favour.

Kieran

Advertisement