Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will D7/15 area improve over time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

it would take a miracle to turn the current broombridge station (a no go area at almost any time of the day) into something safe or viable. Why they decided to terminate the luas there is beyond me.

terminating the Luas at Broombridge makes sense when you consider it is situated at Dublin Industrial Estate. Dublin Industrial Estate is one of the most central industrial estates in the city yet it is seriously under developed compared to Sandyford Industrial Estate. It is possible that businesses will view Dublin Industrial Estate as an increasingly viable location to operate and perhaps over time Dublin Industrial Estate will transform similar to how Sandyford Industrial Estate has.
    I don't think Broombridge is a no go area anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

Dublin 15 has alot going for it. Hospital with new maternity hospital coming. Best shopping centre in ireland in my opinion. An enormous amount of employment. Close to city centre with good transport links. M50 bus network and train. Also low prices for housing

How long to city centre on train?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can see on the time table and it depends where you mean in D15 and which train Station Connolly or Docklands. I think the timetable is 16-25 minutes but I'd say you can 5 mins to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

mkdon wrote: »
    How long to city centre on train?

20 - 30 mins, depending on where you get on mins from

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

You can also cycle into town from dublin 15 30-40 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/newstalkfm/videos/10156995953402907/&amp;show_text=0&amp;width=560&quot; width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Pat Kenny talking up Cabra on Newstalk, fair play Pat!

Advertisement