Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract up

Options
  • 15-10-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

My wife's mobile  contract is up next month and she would like to go pre  pay now 

Will  her billing just stop next month or do she have to give notice? Can't see why she would have to as she agreed to a 24 month and paid every bill so once the contract is up that's it 

Something tells me it won't be that easy though 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

popsy09 wrote: »
    My wife's mobile  contract is up next month and she would like to go pre  pay now 

Will  her billing just stop next month or do she have to give notice? Can't see why she would have to as she agreed to a 24 month and paid every bill so once the contract is up that's it 

Hi popsy09,

Thanks for getting in touch. Your wife would need to give us a ring on 1901 and provide us with 30 days notice for this. When a contract is expired on an account, the plan will remain active and bills will continue to generate unless the account holder requests to change this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi popsy09,

Thanks for getting in touch. Your wife would need to give us a ring on 1901 and provide us with 30 days notice for this. When a contract is expired on an account, the plan will remain active and bills will continue to generate unless the account holder requests to change this.

- Adam

We called into a shop today to do this and was told no we can't accept notice inside the shop you need to ring that number ? What kind of nonsense is that ? 
    45 mins on the phone and still did not talk to anyone 

Im not sure exactly when it's up but if the 30 days notice goes into another billing month there is no way we are paying for another month 

eir: Adam wrote: »

Hi popsy09,

- Adam

We called into a shop today to do this and was told no we can't accept notice inside the shop you need to ring that number ? What kind of nonsense is that ? 
    45 mins on the phone and still did not talk to anyone 

Im not sure exactly when it's up but if the 30 days notice goes into another billing month there is no way we are paying for another month 
    That's correct, you wouldn't be able to give your notice in a store, you would be required to give us a ring to do this.

If you give your notice and are charged for a month in advance next month, you will be credited back on the final bill for the days that you were not receiving the service that you paid for in advance.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

She is only just off the phone with ye and gave notice and was told about getting a bill and then getting credited after that 

I can tell you now the next bill we get and pay will be the last as far as I'm concerned 

I will be going into the bank and cancelling direct debit . I am not giving ye money to wait and get it back and no doubt some catch that will mean we don't get the full amount back . The contact is up and ye will be paid everything we owe and not a cent more 

She is only just off the phone with ye and gave notice and was told about getting a bill and then getting credited after that 

I can tell you now the next bill we get and pay will be the last as far as I'm concerned 

I will be going into the bank and cancelling direct debit . I am not giving ye money to wait and get it back and no doubt some catch that will mean we don't get the full amount back . The contact is up and ye will be paid everything we owe and not a cent more 
    You will only be charged up until the date that this 30 days notice period is up and the account is changed to bill pay. We will credit you back the full amount for the days that are charged in advance for the bill-pay plan but the plan isn't active.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Hi. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your post. If you change to a different network and go pre pay you don't have to give any notice. Just go into shop and get a free sim

Advertisement