Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Maynooth

Options
  • 15-10-2017 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All.looking to buy in Maynooth. Can anyone tell me anything about Meadowbrook Crescent ,Greenfield area?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Which part of Greenfield ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maria1234

Meadowbrook crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Meadowbrook isn't in either Greenfield, Greenfield is the estate behind maxol and Old Greenfield the council estate.

Meadowbrook has a slightly higher level of students and some houses are difficult to insure due to legacy, fixed flooding issues.

Hi L1011.
    Thank you that is really helpful. Do you know how I can find out if the property we're looking at has these issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Easiest way for the insurance is to do some dummy quotes using the real address/eircode. If you get no online quotes it's one that flooded or was at risk of flooding.

There were extensive remediation works and they haven't flooded since

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thank you.that's so helpful again. Thank you

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd also suggest having a drive through the estate on a thursday evening once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Meadowbrook would have a pretty high % of student rentals... it'll be a gamble if you are living beside some or not. Walk around the house at various times of day/days of the week and try to scope that out. You can also probably judge from how the gardens are maintained next door etc..

Advertisement