Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheep dip

• 15-10-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

I've just cleaned our old dipping tank and have it ready now

Any opinions on the best dip for sheep at this time of year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

I use cyber guard dip here it's a good dip never any problems with it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

razor8 wrote: »
    I've just cleaned our old dipping tank and have it ready now

Any opinions on the best dip for sheep at this time of year?

Razor,
    I've never asked the question but i don't know if there's any difference in the dip now compared to when you years ago when you could buy a specific autumn or summer dip. Any time i buy dip, either summer or autumn it always seems to be the exact same product sitting on the shelves.

I use Osmonds Gold fleece here and find it a good dip. Was hoping to dip everything this weekend, but looking at the forecast it doesn't look great again, with lots of wet weather, that's about the last 3 weekends now it's rained since i emptied the dipper in preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cuff92

Razor,
    I've never asked the question but i don't know if there's any difference in the dip now compared to when you years ago when you could buy a specific autumn or summer dip. Any time i buy dip, either summer or autumn it always seems to be the exact same product sitting on the shelves.

I use Osmonds Gold fleece here and find it a good dip. Was hoping to dip everything this weekend, but looking at the forecast it doesn't look great again, with lots of wet weather, that's about the last 3 weekends now it's rained since i emptied the dipper in preparation.

The stuff u get now doesn't even smell. The old stuff you'd choke without a mask. Yeah there b no dipping done hear either yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

I ploughed ahead and dipped everything yesterday with cyper guard. Last year dipper used hygenia summer dip but it didn't state it cover keds & lice so not sure if much difference or not

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

Done my with Osmond s.. sheep are scratching a bit a month later but nothing excessive. Went into the shed and opened up a hay bale the other day and next minute any exposed skin got itchy.. could there be mites or something like that in my hay bales?

• Advertisement
Advertisement