Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Wired Alarm Query

Options
  • 15-10-2017 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I installed a hard wired HKC alarm in my sister in laws house. I'm an Electrician by trade but haven't worked at it in 14 years and never did alarms.

I did a wireless HKC alarm for my brother a couple of months ago and learned a few things such as zones types on this forum.

When I switched power on and started programming the system all of the zones are saying that the tamper is open.
    There’s an individual cable going to each window/door so the tamper (blue & yellow wires) are terminated straight into the assigned tamper in each zone at the panel and into the assigned connections at the contacts and inertia’s.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

sparks82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I installed a hard wired HKC alarm in my sister in laws house. I'm an Electrician by trade but haven't worked at it in 14 years and never did alarms.

I did a wireless HKC alarm for my brother a couple of months ago and learned a few things such as zones types on this forum.

When I switched power on and started programming the system all of the zones are saying that the tamper is open.
    There’s an individual cable going to each window/door so the tamper (blue & yellow wires) are terminated straight into the assigned tamper in each zone at the panel and into the assigned connections at the contacts and inertia’s.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ????

If you close off the tamper in the panel with the link does it close the tamper?
    If so the tamper loop on said zone is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparks82

altor wrote: »
    If you close off the tamper in the panel with the link does it close the tamper?
    If so the tamper loop on said zone is open.

I’ll check tomorrow as I’m not there now.

Apologies for my ignorance but are you saying if I put the link back in and the fault clears I’ve made a mistake at the contact/inertia termination?

I’ll check tomorrow as I’m not there now.

Apologies for my ignorance but are you saying if I put the link back in and the fault clears I’ve made a mistake at the contact/inertia termination?

Im trying to rule out an issue with the wiring or the panel.
    If the link closes the loop then you know its the wiring.
    Is the zone side of the wiring itself showing open?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparks82

altor wrote: »
    Im trying to rule out an issue with the wiring or the panel.
    If the link closes the loop then you know its the wiring.
    Is the zone side of the wiring itself showing open?

The zone is fine just the tamper is showing open on them all.

Would it be something like it’s set to EOL or Dual EOL as opposed to standard wiring in the hardware???

The zone is fine just the tamper is showing open on them all.

Would it be something like it’s set to EOL or Dual EOL as opposed to standard wiring in the hardware???

If you haven't used resistors then the zone is set up as non end of line.
    Id say it may be a loose connection or a wiring problem on the tamper loop especially if the alarm side of the loop is working.
    Have you done a walk test to confirm the alarm side of the zones are showing open and close?

• Advertisement
Advertisement