Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Options

• 15-10-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi all - I've been looking on here recently but havent been able to find any posts of relevance so hopefully someone can give me some advice!

I looking for some help with what options are available to me for a tv in a new extension in Dublin 15. I had an old upc/virgin analogue cable which gave 15 or so channels but after trying to reinstall this connection following the build, the picture quality is terrible and can’t be viewed.

The tv is just a small portable, although I would consider upgrading it. I have basic virgin tv with horizon box in sitting room but just want saorview and perhaps UK stations in new room. I tried an aerial but as room is at back of house, picture quality was terrible.

What are my options for a perhaps a basic box of some description that would give me most of the major channels or would a smart tv be a better solutions Apologies but not very clued up on all potential options that might be available.

Any help or suggestions appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Thanks Cush for detailed reply. Is there any option that would work without the need for a satellite dish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Is there any option that would work without the need for a satellite dish?
    For the UK channels it's either a satellite dish or the analogue cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Qwerty27 wrote:
    Thanks Cush for detailed reply. Is there any option that would work without the need for a satellite dish?

I presume you can get virgin media broadband so I'd go for a combination of saorview and IPTV / Netflix / tv players etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Any particular tv player u'd recommend? I've a now tv box but its UK version so doesn't pick up geo blocked content such as bbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Hi all - I've been looking on here recently but havent been able to find any posts of relevance so hopefully someone can give me some advice!

I looking for some help with what options are available to me for a tv in a new extension in Dublin 15. I had an old upc/virgin analogue cable which gave 15 or so channels but after trying to reinstall this connection following the build, the picture quality is terrible and can’t be viewed.

The tv is just a small portable, although I would consider upgrading it. I have basic virgin tv with horizon box in sitting room but just want saorview and perhaps UK stations in new room. I tried an aerial but as room is at back of house, picture quality was terrible.

What are my options for a perhaps a basic box of some description that would give me most of the major channels or would a smart tv be a better solutions Apologies but not very clued up on all potential options that might be available.

Any help or suggestions appreciated! Thanks

How about checking that the connection/cable has not been damaged during the build?

I would guess it has .....

Advertisement