Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior parkrun

Options
  • 15-10-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether to post here or in athletics thread!

My niece has recently turned 4 and I really want to get her into doing parkrun as i think it is something she might find fun and she would enjoy spending time just the two of us!

I know the distance is 2km but are they many other 4 year olds and would she end up being the last finisher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Depends on your local one really - you do have a huge range of paces though from 13 year old club runners running a sub-4 min km to four year olds stopping to smell every flower along the way and mixing running and walking. Last finisher at my local one last weekend was just under 19 minutes, to give an idea.

If you want to get an idea of what your local one is like before you bring her, why not volunteer first? It counts towards your 25 volunteering efforts for the t-shirt.

Advertisement