Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance during the weather warning

Options
  • 15-10-2017 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I read online that driving during a red status weather warning voids your insurance should anything happen to you. Honestly don't know if this is true or not but knowing insurance companies they'll do whatever they can to avoid paying out. Anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's bollox :)

Roads that are not closed are legal to drive on. If the Garda have closed a road, then it's a diffetent story.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Doddles88 wrote: »
    I read online that driving during a red status weather warning voids your insurance should anything happen to you.

Without a link, that's about as useful as quoting some BS you heard from a guy sitting on a high stool.

If you read it in another discussion forum and there was no authority quoted, there's not much point repeating it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I checked my policy there (Zurich). Mentions civil strife, nuclear disasters, earthquakes as not being covered but doesn't make mention (as far as I can tell) of excluding driving in a MÉ category red warning.

Of course it depends on your own policy, so only your own insurer can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I read online that driving during a red status weather warning voids your insurance should anything happen to you. Honestly don't know if this is true or not but knowing insurance companies they'll do whatever they can to avoid paying out. Anybody know anything about this?

This is what happens when people get their information from Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Anybody know anything about this?

Yes. Your insurance provider

Don’t believe anyone except them. not me, your aunt or your cousins nephews sister in law who worked in insurance 5 years ago

Or... print this page and submit it with a claim form. Just like the breeze tomorrow, it’ll “be grand”

• Advertisement

Snotty wrote: »
    This is what happens when people get their information from Facebook

That reminds me,
    If you get into your car and there is a white square of paper stuck to the back window dont get out to get it.
    it is a trick by criminals wanting to steal your car :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Your policy operates during a hurricane, storm, windy day, light gust and when it's dead calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭storker

coylemj wrote: »
    Without a link, that's about as useful as quoting some BS you heard from a guy sitting on a high stool.

Pubopedia. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Why would anybody want to make a non-essential journey during a red weather warning?

Oh yeah...to stand near some pier and watch the waves crash....

G0bsh1tes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Doesn't matter they are all a bunch of Bastards anyway and will find some clause too screw you in the end for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement