Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Txt's, unusually high useage

Options
  • 16-10-2017 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a business mobile account and recently closed my eir home phone broadband account.
    This morning I got three txt messages one after another,
    the first,
    Due to high usage of your eir account, all services will be suspended. A payment is required to resume your services. If residential please call 01 766 2506 or if a Business customer please call 1800 601701. Thank You

And the second,

Your next bill is running unusually high. Keep an eye on your usage to avoid increasing your bill any further or potential disconnection. If residential
    please call 01 7662506 or if a business customer please call 1800601701 to make an advance payment.

The third message is a copy of the second message.

I can't get anyone on the phone no's given and I am wondering what is causing this?
    My eir app says I'm well below my monthly useage limits.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

I just got an email with a charge 3 times the usual monthly amount, it also says to view it on myEir but that won't let me in as I have closed my account.
    Can I have an explanation of this charge please?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

My husband also got a text today that his mobile account was suspended for unusually high usage.  Yet he recently paid his bill IN FULL by DD -- about 38 euros -- on 2 October.  

Because of the storm, the EIR phone numbers weren't working. He went on Eir chat and was disconnected several times today. The last time, an Eir rep said he has an unpaid bill of more than 200 euros!! How is that possible?  He has 250MB data, and he last got a text from EIR on 28 or 29 Sept saying he had reached his 250MB limit and would be charged 99 cents per day for overage.  (He was a Meteor customer, moved over to EIR by the sale.) SO the most he could owe since then is, like 18 euros over the standing charge plan (which is 20-30 euros, I believe)!!!  So what gives?  

That last chat was interrupted by a power outage, and when the electricity came back we went back on chat, and eventually were told that they cannot access the account for another 24 HOURS until it "updates"?  "Sorry for the inconvenience"

He needs his phone for work.  Terrible service, when you cut off a customer IN GOOD STANDING and then you can't access the info needed to see why, and restore service promptly!!

[Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread --- it just seems like the same or similar problem!!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,
    I have a business mobile account and recently closed my eir home phone broadband account.
    This morning I got three txt messages one after another,
    the first,
    Due to high usage of your eir account, all services will be suspended. A payment is required to resume your services. If residential please call 01 766 2506 or if a Business customer please call 1800 601701. Thank You

And the second,

Your next bill is running unusually high. Keep an eye on your usage to avoid increasing your bill any further or potential disconnection. If residential
    please call 01 7662506 or if a business customer please call 1800601701 to make an advance payment.

The third message is a copy of the second message.

I can't get anyone on the phone no's given and I am wondering what is causing this?
    My eir app says I'm well below my monthly useage limits.
    Thanks.
    Hi M7roadrunner, 

Thanks for contacting us. 

Feel free to PM me your account details and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

My husband also got a text today that his mobile account was suspended for unusually high usage.  Yet he recently paid his bill IN FULL by DD -- about 38 euros -- on 2 October.  

Because of the storm, the EIR phone numbers weren't working. He went on Eir chat and was disconnected several times today. The last time, an Eir rep said he has an unpaid bill of more than 200 euros!! How is that possible?  He has 250MB data, and he last got a text from EIR on 28 or 29 Sept saying he had reached his 250MB limit and would be charged 99 cents per day for overage.  (He was a Meteor customer, moved over to EIR by the sale.) SO the most he could owe since then is, like 18 euros over the standing charge plan (which is 20-30 euros, I believe)!!!  So what gives?  

That last chat was interrupted by a power outage, and when the electricity came back we went back on chat, and eventually were told that they cannot access the account for another 24 HOURS until it "updates"?  "Sorry for the inconvenience"

He needs his phone for work.  Terrible service, when you cut off a customer IN GOOD STANDING and then you can't access the info needed to see why, and restore service promptly!!

[Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your thread --- it just seems like the same or similar problem!!]
    Hi LostinKildare, 

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account number and full name on the account and I'll check this for you?

Thanks 

Tracey 

PM sent

• Advertisement

PM sent
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you shortly through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi M7roadrunner, 

Feel free to PM me your account details and full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

PM sent Tracey thanks.

Hi M7roadrunner, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

PM sent Tracey thanks.
    Thanks.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks

Tracey 

Sorted,
    I was being billed for early contract ceasing in error.
    Thanks for your help Tracey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Sorted,
    I was being billed for early contract ceasing in error.
    Thanks for your help Tracey.
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. I'll pass this message on to Tracey for you :)

- Adam

• Advertisement

FYI, in case anyone's interested, four days later, and neither Tracey nor any other Eir rep on this forum followed up and PM'ed as promised. Had to sort it ourselves, as he couldn't do his job without phone service.
    Not impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

FYI, in case anyone's interested, four days later, and neither Tracey nor any other Eir rep on this forum followed up and PM'ed as promised. Had to sort it ourselves, as he couldn't do his job without phone service.
    Not impressed.
    Hi LostinKildare,

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received a response to your PM. Tracey has been out of the office for the past few days. If you would like me to check anything for you, feel free to PM me your details.

- Adam

Advertisement