Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misuse of disabled parking spots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You're an arse if you use disabled spaces without a blue badge.

You're also an arse if you use parent and child spaces without having your children with you.

It's a far bigger deal though to leave someone with a disability with nowhere to park than it is to make it a bit more awkward for a parent to park though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Jawgap wrote: »
    Keep digging.......getting a healthy child out of it's 'ejector seat' style child seat can be a struggle, can be frustrating and can even be a bit a painful when you bang your elbows, but I'm guessing its nothing approaching the pre-planning, organisation and resourcefulness needed to get a child with severe physical impairments into and out of a vehicle......even if its a specially adapted one in a dedicated disabled parking bay.

Why do 'precious' parents expect everything to revolve around little Saoirse and Finbar?

I cant believe I am actually replying to you when I said I wouldnt.

Please stop being so sarcastic, who are you to say that an expectation that a p and c space should not revolve around children and their parents as they are intended for. Why are you so bitter about it all?? Is it such an inconvenience to you to park a few spaces down?

I dont need a description of the ins and outs of getting any child into a car, I am well aware of both situations and how they are done. I have both a relative and a friend with disabled children (one now is twenty in fairness) so I understand how they get into a car but still say that when they are babies or small children the process is very similar.

I am still not saying p and c is more important though. As I have said in ever post, it is wrong for anyone to park in a space that is designated for either user when you are not one. Its the one point I am trying to make but have not had a valid (or civil) argument against yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Donal55 wrote: »
    Can't see why the DDA don't just change the colour of their permits every few years similar to the way the car tax disc is changed.

Far too many permits are so old and out of date that they're more faded than my Levi jeans!

If they are old and faded, then they are out of date. About 4/5 years ago, the permit was changed from the cardboard thing to hard plastic cards (like bank card material). They also expire every two years, the date is on the front.

My local Lidl has two disabled parking bays that are almost always used by non- permit holders. In those cases, I will often park in the Parent and Child spot. It isn't as close as the disabled spot but it gives me more room to open my door and swing my bad leg in. I always display my permit though, just in case anyone confronts me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Keep digging.......getting a healthy child out of it's 'ejector seat' style child seat can be a struggle, can be frustrating and can even be a bit a painful when you bang your elbows, but I'm guessing its nothing approaching the pre-planning, organisation and resourcefulness needed to get a child with severe physical impairments into and out of a vehicle......even if its a specially adapted one in a dedicated disabled parking bay.

Why do 'precious' parents expect everything to revolve around little Saoirse and Finbar?

Exactly. How dare these people expect to use the parking spaces specifically put aside for them. the absolute cheek of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

greenttc wrote: »
    I cant believe I am actually replying to you when I said I wouldnt.

Please stop being so sarcastic, who are you to say that an expectation that a p and c space should not revolve around children and their parents as they are intended for. Why are you so bitter about it all?? Is it such an inconvenience to you to park a few spaces down?

I dont need a description of the ins and outs of getting any child into a car, I am well aware of both situations and how they are done. I have both a relative and a friend with disabled children (one now is twenty in fairness) so I understand how they get into a car but still say that when they are babies or small children the process is very similar.

I am still not saying p and c is more important though. As I have said in ever post, it is wrong for anyone to park in a space that is designated for either user when you are not one. Its the one point I am trying to make but have not had a valid (or civil) argument against yet.

I'm not bitter at all about it - in fact, I'm quite amused. I rarely park in a parent and child spot except when circumstances make it convenient, such as when it's tipping down, or I have one or both my parents with me, or my knee is sore from football....would I park in a disabled bay, no absolutely not unless I had my nephew with me and his parents had given me his badge.

I also find it quite amusing that the same parents who howl about inconsiderate people are probably the same ones who clog up coffee shops and restaurants with their AT-AT style buggies while their little darlings run around making the waiters' job 10-times more difficult.

I'm also amused that some people seem to think their convenience should trump others simply because they've had kids. So what. Most of us have or will have kids and we just get on with it without having to deal with the 'nightmare' of someone taking a spot a bit closer to the shops - when it was me, I just parked somewhere else, lobbed the youngest in the stroller, plonked his brother on the boogie-board and off we went (usually with me making racing-car and braking noises)......of all the nightmares my two put me through, missing out on a parent and child spot was most definitely not one of them.

.....parent and child spots are just paint, no more no less. If you think the shops take them any more seriously than I do, complain if you see one occupied by someone without a rug-rat in tow and see what they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I brought my mum shopping this morning, who has a very serve disability. There is only two disabled spots for parking outside the shop we use. Got up there to find both spots taken. One genuine one not. The other lady approached the man to move his car. He started to get agressive with her, so i got out of my car, went over and told him if he didn't move I was going in to get security out to have him moved. The other lady told him she was reporting him to the gardai. He still sat there. I got security out and only then did the fat clown move. As a far as I'm concerned anyone who uses a disabled bay with out a blue badge should have a day in court and a heavy fine.

Parking in disabled spaces is obviously a very s*it thing to do and those doing it should be punished.

What is peoples opinion on those who have access to a permit (but for say a parent etc) using it to get free on street parking in the city while parked in normal parking spaces (while the disabled person is not with them)? In this scenario a disabled person is not being inconvenienced at all.

Parking in disabled spaces is obviously a very s*it thing to do and those doing it should be punished.

What is peoples opinion on those who have access to a permit (but for say a parent etc) using it to get free on street parking in the city while parked in normal parking spaces (while the disabled person is not with them)? In this scenario a disabled person is not being inconvenienced at all.

In the overall scheme of things, it's probably just a little sin, but its still not what the badge was intended for - I suppose doing it repeatedly and for extended periods is when it starts to be a bit more of a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just as inconsiderate I would have thought. And inconveniencing someone who other wise could have used that space. Would have though it probably illegal as well.

I'm not bitter at all about it - in fact, I'm quite amused. I rarely park in a parent and child spot except when circumstances make it convenient, such as when it's tipping down, or I have one or both my parents with me, or my knee is sore from football....would I park in a disabled bay, no absolutely not unless I had my nephew with me and his parents had given me his badge.

I also find it quite amusing that the same parents who howl about inconsiderate people are probably the same ones who clog up coffee shops and restaurants with their AT-AT style buggies while their little darlings run around making the waiters' job 10-times more difficult.

I'm also amused that some people seem to think their convenience should trump others simply because they've had kids. So what. Most of us have or will have kids and we just get on with it without having to deal with the 'nightmare' of someone taking a spot a bit closer to the shops - when it was me, I just parked somewhere else, lobbed the youngest in the stroller, plonked his brother on the boogie-board and off we went (usually with me making racing-car and braking noises)......of all the nightmares my two put me through, missing out on a parent and child spot was most definitely not one of them.

.....parent and child spots are just paint, no more no less. If you think the shops take them any more seriously than I do, complain if you see one occupied by someone without a rug-rat in tow and see what they do.

Thing is,it is more than just paint, it is signifying a designated spot and to think otherwise is just inconsiderate and ignorant.they are as valid as a disabled spot according to shops so you are in essence rubbishing both spots.

You are coming across as very bitter, even complaining about buggys, did your children never use them?

If all the spots are taken up I wait until one becomes available as I cant always just "lob" my baby in a stroller when it is hard to get him out of some spots in the first place. It is very frustrating to see someone like you coming back to the space you took just cause there is a bit of rain. Can you not do as I do and wait for a spot that you are eligible to park in?

One thing I have an understanding for however is the very elderly who are less mobile, a disabled person or someone on crutches or perhaps a pregnant lady. All people who justifiably may need a spot where the car door can be opened fully. I would not begrudge them the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Never knew that parent and child places were wider, always just thought it was a safety thing, have them close to the door so that there aren't small kids in the car park.

There's a very small car park by a supermarket and pharmacy near me, two disabled spots and at least one of them is always taken, usually by a car without a tag. And usually by the biggest, newest most obnoxious cars. Same pricks who double park the whole way up and down the road at the end of every school day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll park in the normal spaces even if I've got the 2 terrors with me. It's my way of hanging onto the memories of the life I once had.

Never knew that parent and child places were wider, always just thought it was a safety thing, have them close to the door so that there aren't small kids in the car park..
    Most of the time they are wider but in some cases they arent which is completly useless imo in those cases I try to get a spot that is at the end of a line or something that leaves me able to open my door. Dundrum is a great example of this, totally useless spots

Thing is,it is more than just paint, it is signifying a designated spot and to think otherwise is just inconsiderate and ignorant.they are as valid as a disabled spot according to shops so you are in essence rubbishing both spots.

You are coming across as very bitter, even complaining about buggys, did your children never use them?

If all the spots are taken up I wait until one becomes available as I cant always just "lob" my baby in a stroller when it is hard to get him out of some spots in the first place. It is very frustrating to see someone like you coming back to the space you took just cause there is a bit of rain. Can you not do as I do and wait for a spot that you are eligible to park in?

One thing I have an understanding for however is the very elderly who are less mobile, a disabled person or someone on crutches or perhaps a pregnant lady. All people who justifiably may need a spot where the car door can be opened fully. I would not begrudge them the spot.

What an utterly ridiculous notion - I'd pretty much guarantee that if you went to shop or centre's security to tell them a disabled bay was occupied by an unbadged vehicle they'd be on it like a shot - at least they are in the centre I've the most experience with. I've never seen them respond to parent and precious spot at all.

I'm not bitter at all - and per my previous post, yes my kids used buggies and strollers - sturdy and well constructed to be sure but some of the ones around today look like they're built to survive IED detonations in Afghanistan.

Ridiculous yokes that take up far too much space - and even worse when parents refuse to fold them down especially on buses where they leave them unfolded in the space designated for wheelchair users.

What an utterly ridiculous notion - I'd pretty much guarantee that if you went to shop or centre's security to tell them a disabled bay was occupied by an unbadged vehicle they'd be on it like a shot - at least they are in the centre I've the most experience with. I've never seen them respond to parent and precious spot at all.
    B
    I'm not bitter at all - and per my previous post, yes my kids used buggies and strollers - sturdy and well constructed to be sure but some of the ones around today look like they're built to survive IED detonations in Afghanistan.

Ridiculous yokes that take up far too much space - and even worse when parents refuse to fold them down especially on buses where they leave them unfolded in the space designated for wheelchair users.

Well in the OPs experience the shop was not bothered about someone parking in the disabled spot. I know this has been experienced elsewhere too. I am sure your nephew has also experienced this. So as i said, both spots are experiencing the same thing, my local shop values children though and i have seen them explain to customers parked in the parent and child spot that it is designted for a particular type of user when requested, whether they believe parents need a bit of extra help or it is a marketing ploy ,as you believe, they stand by their "paint markings" and the meanings behind them.

Let me know where you shop and i will be sure to avoid it if they dont care about their customers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Originally Posted by Natasha Poor Raspberry

That's the thing they are a lot of work to get so even though my elderly grandmother is entitled to one it's just a lot of work so we don't have one but sometimes we would park in a disabled place as she can't walk far and can't walk alone either. We feel fully justified in doing this and I dare anyone to challenge us on it in a car park.

****ty thing indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

What is the point in parent and child parking? Whatever about disabled spots, nobody even bothers taking notice of parent and child spots.

Disabled spot - legal requirement
    Parent & child - not legal requirement and is a lifestyle choice - ps i have a child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

They are not as valid as disabled spots - again i have a child also

Well in the OPs experience the shop was not bothered about someone parking in the disabled spot. I know this has been experienced elsewhere too. I am sure your nephew has also experienced this. So as i said, both spots are experiencing the same thing, my local shop values children though and i have seen them explain to customers parked in the parent and child spot that it is designted for a particular type of user when requested, whether they believe parents need a bit of extra help or it is a marketing ploy ,as you believe, they stand by their "paint markings" and the meanings behind them.

Let me know where you shop and i will be sure to avoid it if they dont care about their customers!

so what? That still doesn't make them comparable - and your local shop doesn't value children, it values their parents and their spending power.....especially parents of young kids who spend shed loads on high-margin products and who are susceptible to nag-marketing ;) (Retailing 101)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Parent & child - not legal requirement and is a lifestyle choice - ps i have a child
    They are not as valid as disabled spots - again i have a child also

Have you a child Ken? :pac:

so what? That still doesn't make them comparable - and your local shop doesn't value children, it values their parents and their spending power.....especially parents of young kids who spend shed loads on high-margin products and who are susceptible to nag-marketing ;) (Retailing 101)

Sooooo you told me that you said shops would never defend a child spot but always defend disabled spots, i simply gave examples that they do defend child spots. I have also given you examples of how they equally havent defended disabled spots, both spots in the same boat regardless of what you think. Again, you are totally misreading (or perhaps tying to twist) my posts, again, i am not saying disabled is less important or child is more important, again, i am saying that both should be valued and people should respect signage and designation regardless of your beliefs including your belief about marketing tactics.

Stop talking in circles and being so bitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I would have no problem with anyone parking in a parent and kid space. It's not illegal.
    But someone who shouldn't parking in a disabled spot is wrong - in every sense of the word.
    It's also wrong to use a disabled spot even with the badge if the person the badge is for isn't in the car I.e. hasn't come out on that journey.

The abuse of these spots is reprehensible and only shows up the quality of the people who do it. Dobt they ever realise they may one day be in need of a blue badge themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah. So again, what is the point in them?
    Hey look, these are for parents with children but it's also ok for anybody else to use them.

Oh and you probably think it's edgy to say that having kids is a lifestyle choice but it's a bit dumb really.

Sooooo you told me that you said shops would never defend a child spot but always defend disabled spots, i simply gave examples that they do defend child spots. I have also given you examples of how they equally havent defended disabled spots, both spots in the same boat regardless of what you think. Again, you are totally misreading (or perhaps tying to twist) my posts, again, i am not saying disabled is less important or child is more important, again, i am saying that both should be valued and people should respect signage and designation regardless of your beliefs including your belief about marketing tactics.

Stop talking in circles and being so bitter!

Not at all. I can only speak to my experience.

What is quite amusing, though, is how exercised parents get about parent and precious spots at shops etc and the need for the rest of us to be considerate, but when it comes to dropping their sproglodytes off at school it's a gi-normous two fingers to everyone else and "we'll park where we like to get the kids six feet closer to the school gate" - not much sign of "considerate" parking when it comes to th school run ;)

......another nightmare aspect of being a parent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

completely ignorant!

amcalester wrote: »
    ****ty thing indeed.

I have no idea what your point is?

The question was simply an observation that I see a lot of disabled badged cars parked around the streets not in disabled spaces, most are I'm sure are in fact being used correctly but I'm sure some are not. Personally I wouldn't really have an issue with someone using the badge to avoid parking charges once they are in a normal parking space. I have little sympathy for the council losing out on their extortionate parking charges and they are the only ones being "done" out of anything.

The post you dug up I still stand by and still continue to park in spaces if necessary to facilitate my elderly grandmother. Its totally justified imo, a disabled space is for a person who is not able bodied the badge is simply a technicality its the lack of being able bodied that justifies parking in the space and again I welcome anyone to challenge me on it, they will be running away with their tail between their legs after that's for sure.

What is quite amusing, though, is how exercised parents get about parent and precious spots at shops etc and the need for the rest of us to be considerate, but when it comes to dropping their sproglodytes off at school it's a gi-normous two fingers to everyone else and "we'll park where we like to get the kids six feet closer to the school gate" - not much sign of "considerate" parking when it comes to th school run ;)

Not a nightmare for me.I will always try and obey laws, designated spots etc and will always try and ensure that I am considerate of everyone.

We are getting into "two wrongs dont make a right" territory here, you are straying away from a straightforward argument that it is wrong to park in p and c spots.

Your bitterness towards parents is out again, strange way to be for a parent!

Just wanted to edit my post that it is not a nightmare being a parent, it is a nightmare dealing with situations made difficult by inconsiderate people. Dont twist my words again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Seriously, it still shocks me that people are stupid enough to drive into spaces. Do it properly and reverse in to the space.

You need the boot facing out to get the buggy in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I would have no problem with anyone parking in a parent and kid space. It's not illegal.

Well I would have a problem with you, if you (without kids) denied me (with kids) the Parent & Child space, and I'd tell you as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

LordSutch wrote: »
    Well I would have a problem with you, if you (without kids) denied me (with kids) the Parent & Child space, and I'd tell you as much.
    Calm down Rambo. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah, his own children apparently.

I assume you mean "shame" rather than challenging someone to a gunfight. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Can you name a single parent who both got exercised about people parking in a parents' spot, and then parked where they like outisde a school? Because otherwise it might actually be different people doing different things and not a case of all parents in Ireland having a morning whatsapp conversation to decide how they're going to piss you off today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I have no idea what your point is?

The question was simply an observation that I see a lot of disabled badged cars parked around the streets not in disabled spaces, most are I'm sure are in fact being used correctly but I'm sure some are not. Personally I wouldn't really have an issue with someone using the badge to avoid parking charges once they are in a normal parking space. I have little sympathy for the council losing out on their extortionate parking charges and they are the only ones being "done" out of anything.

The post you dug up I still stand by and still continue to park in spaces if necessary to facilitate my elderly grandmother. Its totally justified imo, a disabled space is for a person who is not able bodied the badge is simply a technicality its the lack of being able bodied that justifies parking in the space and again I welcome anyone to challenge me on it, they will be running away with their tail between their legs after that's for sure.

Just pointing out the hypocritical nature of your posts.

Never change Nox, never change.

Not a nightmare for me.I will always try and obey laws, designated spots etc and will always try and ensure that I am considerate of everyone.

We are getting into "two wrongs dont make a right" territory here, you are straying away from a straightforward argument that it is wrong to park in p and c spots.

Just wanted to edit my post that it is not a nightmare being a parent, it is a nightmare dealing with situations made difficult by inconsiderate people. Dont twist my words again.

Parent and precious spots have zero force of law......nada.....nothing.....so there's no real wrong committed by parking in them.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a "right" way to be a parent - in fact I never comment on or judge another parent because it's the hardest job the vast majority of us will do, and, to paraphrase John Cleese, it's really just about muddling through until the help arrives ;)

If you want to be judgmental about me as a parent, be my guest......frankly I think it says more about you than me......as it is I've 3 fine sons, lovely lads, doing well at uni, hard to believe they've done as well as they have, given they suffered the nightmare of me occasionally not using parent and precious spots :D

Parent and precious spots have zero force of law......nada.....nothing.....so there's no real wrong committed by parking in them.

Also, I wasn't aware there was a "right" way to be a parent - in fact I never comment on or judge another parent because it's the hardest job the vast majority of us will do, and, to paraphrase John Cleese, it's really just about muddling through until the help arrives ;)

If you want to be judgmental about me as a parent, be my guest......frankly I think it says more about you than me......as it is I've 3 fine sons, lovely lads, doing well at uni, hard to believe they've done as well as they have, given they suffered the nightmare of me occasionally not using parent and precious spots :D

Just stop replying to my posts, dont even read them cause you pick them up wrong every time or are doing so intentionally to try and rubbish my posts.

I never said there was a wrong way to parent, you complained about the way parents park at schools, a wrong, I am saying parking in p and c spots is wrong, two wrongs nothing to do with parenting.

Not judging your parenting skills, never did, I m judging your inconsideration of others.

Well done on raising three sons I hope you have not thought them your values regarding helping and considering others though ( now thats a slight judgement but judging you not your parenting I may point out) I also hope you havent thought them your sarcasm or name calling.

Editing again, but as already discussed disabled spots have no legal standing in private carparks either so again, by your own argument there is no real wrong commited parking in them either. Of course my opinion is that it is inconsiderate selfish and ignorant.

I will always try and obey laws
    Ah, that's brilliant. Well done you. Charlie Flanagan will be calling round any day now to give you your special medal. I can't wait to read the newspaper interview to understand how you manage it all.

My nightmare is just as real to me as your nightmare of not having a disabled spot for your child is to you. They are very similar situations, but i am lucky that my child will not always need that specially designated spot but unfortunately your child will.

Just stop replying to my posts, dont even read them cause you pick them up wrong every time or are doing so intentionally to try and rubbish my posts.

I never said there was a wrong way to parent, you complained about the way parents park at schools, a wrong, I am saying parking in p and c spots is wrong, two wrongs nothing to do with parenting.

Not judging your parenting skills, never did, I m judging your inconsideration of others.

Well done on raising three sons I hope you have not thought them your values regarding helping and considering others though ( now thats a slight judgement but judging you not your parenting I may point out) I also hope you havent thought them your sarcasm or name calling.

Editing again, but as already discussed disabled spots have no legal standing in private carparks either so again, by your own argument there is no real wrong commited parking in them either. Of course my opinion is that it is inconsiderate selfish and ignorant.

Maybe 'tis yourself who needs to read your own posts.

Disabled bays on private property have no law backing them up, but there are corresponding bays on the public highway backed by the force of law......there is nothing like parent and precious spots in the public realm.......that should tell you something.

Parking in a parent and precious bay is a bit like taking a deep trolley but only buying half-a-dozen items.....it's a bit of an inconvenience for the person deprived of the trolley, but in the overall scheme of things it's a real first world problem.

• Advertisement

Maybe 'tis yourself who needs to read your own posts.

Disabled bays on private property have no law backing them up, but there are corresponding bays on the public highway backed by the force of law......there is nothing like parent and precious spots in the public realm.......that should tell you something.

Parking in a parent and precious bay is a bit like taking a deep trolley but only buying half-a-dozen items.....it's a bit of an inconvenience for the person deprived of the trolley, but in the overall scheme of things it's a real first world problem.

Jasus i had some laugh there :pac:

Never heard them being called that before.

If people without children are parking in parent and child spaces to avoid damage to their cars, then I think they are fair game for a keying. It’s the only way they will learn.

Jasus i had some laugh there :pac:

Never heard them being called that before.

It seemed appropriate given the way some people were talking about them.....

If people without children are parking in parent and child spaces to avoid damage to their cars, then I think they are fair game for a keying. It’s the only way they will learn.

Yeah, go for it......key a car in a place where there is likely cctv before climbing into a car yourself.....your solicitor can explain why the defence of necessity won't apply to your criminal damage charge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Bit harsh!

While I wouldn't condone 'keying' somebodies car, I would love to see them getting a warning sticker on their car, of the type that takes ages to remove the sticky backing (from their windscreen). Retailers should be more pro-active against these uncaring airheads.

Patww79 wrote: »
    That's absolutely ridiculous talk.

Nah. Defo fair game, maybe a tyre slashing or a wing mirror kick too.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Bit harsh!

While I wouldn't condone 'keying' somebodies car, I would love to see them getting a warning sticker on their car, of the type that takes ages to remove the sticky backing (from their windscreen). Retailers should be more pro-active against these airheads.

2 of them.

One in the driver's line of vision on the windscreen and another on the window of the drivers door :cool:

You won't see them getting out a scraper on a 172 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

If I see a empty parent/kid parking spot then I'll use it

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Urinating in the petrol tank seems fair too

Explosives hooked up to the ignition? Too far?

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »
    If I see a empty parent/kid parking spot then I'll use it

As a sole occupant or with children under 5?

Advertisement