Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brian : Orange Wind Warning Sat 21 -10-17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Another one on the way....??? Phook.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snowc wrote: »
    I keep getting an error when I try to load windy today.What web browser are you using ?

Safari but that was on an iPad.

I tried windy.com here on my PC. I'm using Google Chrome and it works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowc wrote: »
    Wow a lot of anger in your post ,just looking at what the charts are showing now, of course I don't know what it will be like in 5 days.Maybe go out and get some fresh air from Ophelia :p

I'm not in any way angry, however there's not much point in telling someone buses are okay when your original point says you've no idea yet!

No anger intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,112 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It would wise to keep an eye on the tides as there is a new moon towards the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Doubt there's much point even thinking about this storm system for another couple of days. Something might come of it, but it's less than 50:50 at the moment, and even if it does and -if- it comes at us, there'll be no predicting its track with any accuracy for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This is Fantasy Island territory here guys. If the system is still viable this time tomorrow, we might have something to work with.

Large chance of this doing anything that will cause it to miss Ireland, however I'd like to point out that Ophelia was flagged from this many days out!

Hopefully Ophelia will have caused any damage that was possible, and even if this storm arrives damage will be minimal. Joanna may be getting overtime again soon though!

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Large chance of this doing anything that will cause it to miss Ireland, however I'd like to point out that Ophelia was flagged from this many days out!

Hopefully Ophelia will have caused any damage that was possible, and even if this storm arrives damage will be minimal. Joanna may be getting overtime again soon though!

Yep, I was about to say that. I had huge doubts in Ophelia and said for it to be typical Autumn weather but I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Actually, if you are on the site on that image at the top and you hover over the marker, it does comment "Conditions are expected to become unfavourable for further development by Wednesday, when the disturbance merges with a frontal system over the western Atlantic".

Mind you, met.ie at 5days out is showing a storm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

pjohnson wrote: »
    Maybe my first impressions of this forum being helpful was mistaken. A few more AH style posters.

Mod Note: Warning for being uncivil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hasn't even thought about forming as a tropical system never mind anything else. Belongs in fantasy island thread for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

pjohnson wrote: »
    Maybe my first impressions of this forum being helpful was mistaken. A few more AH style posters.

It is still five days out so too early to know for definite yet but odds are that buses will be running .Not sure what the rest of your post means but keep an eye on this thread for more info .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy00

so what day roughly?

speedy00 wrote: »
    so what day roughly?

Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Joanna alluded to something at the weekend again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Xenji wrote: »

Yeah I noticed. Very obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Xenji wrote: »

Looks like she dont want to add any more bad news after today, no doubt we will hear soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here's how Joanna signed off the forecast after the Nine O'Clock News.

"That's it for now, we'll worry about the rest of the weekend after we get through this."

Another one coming next weekend?

Another one coming next weekend?

Actually, this thread is a secret thread by the pear loving association of Ireland. (PLAI)

zvOpTBg.jpg?1

Joking, yes there is, but confidence is low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oh please God no FFS.

Due to fly out in Europe Friday morning and back Sunday morning. It would serve as a brief respite for what has gone on today and continues to go on.

Praying this doesn't develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I know this is +120 hours, but these last couple of months have instilled a rather large amount of trust in me for the ECMWF model...but 48 hours will tell us more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I followed the original MT post about Ophelia and told my wife about it on Thursday . She was slagging me all weekend until Sunday when it was getting serious.

I mentioned this thread and she wasn’t making any jokes!

How is this any less likely then Ophelia was 120 hours out? Is it because it’s got different variables and routes to navigate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Paully D wrote: »
    Oh please God no FFS.

Due to fly out in Europe Friday morning and back Sunday morning. It would serve as a brief respite for what has gone on today and continues to go on.

Praying this doesn't develop.

#pray4paully

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Drumpot wrote: »
    I followed the original MT post about Ophelia and told my wife about it on Thursday . She was slagging me all weekend until Sunday when it was getting serious.

I mentioned this thread and she wasn’t making any jokes!

How is this any less likely then Ophelia was 120 hours out? Is it because it’s got different variables and routes to navigate?
    My 2 cents would be Ophelia had nowhere else to go. It followed the path given to it from the early stage till now. This one has more of a gauntlet to go through.
    But again I barely have 2 cents most times to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,676 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oh dear

gfs-0-102.png?18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Oh dear indeed.

Trying to remember from when I was more active here during the years around the big freeze, is it within 96hrs that we start paying attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

http://www.bbc.com/weather/feeds/41645931?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

BBC predicting it in their long range forecast, looks to affect the UK more then us on their charts, if I read it correctly, unsure, not an expert on charts :)

Great!!! Am moving to my new house next weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Very different type of storm to today's (for one it won't form as a Cat 3 Hurricane before it hits us) but one to watch over coming days. A small shift south (it will head to UK) or a decrease in strength and it won't be much to worry about in comparison to today. On the other hand ...

Advertisement